Ovc C/O 2015?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ONPreVet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just getting antsy waiting - wondering if anyone has heard back about interviews yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey

I hear ya. I thought interviews will be sent out end of April/beginning of May...So I guess we should be hearing something soon (or not :S)

You're Ontario applicant too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whew! Yeah, the email-checking has been getting borderline obsessive :)

I am an Ontario applicant PetVet06 - from Northwestern Ontario, so I've been a bit worried about getting all the steps done correctly! Is everyone else from Guelph area?

Ahhh waiting and checking obsessively as well! Applying from toronto :)

I know a girl who just finished up her first year at OVC and she said that last year she didn't get an invite till May, and that they're usually late.

I'm from the GTA.

Applying from GTA.

SocialStigma- I heard that too. Definitely does nothing for the stress level :(

Hey guys!

Good luck!!! Just letting you know... OVC takes their sweet *arse* time with everything! lol. I applied a few years ago and they kept changing and extending the dates for everything!

Sit tight and keep yourself entertained. Might I suggest a Harry Potter marathon, Degrassi marathon or LOTR marathon?

Best of luck!!!! :)

Haven't heard yet either! It says on the Background Info Form that we are supposed to get notice by the "end of April" but for some reason, I feel as though we're going to be waiting into May for results. Apparently last year, some didn't even find out until the 10th and 11th of May.

Frustrating much?? lol

hey guys,

will they let us know all at the same time ?

Wow I thought us Atlantic AVC applicants had it rough. At least we know about our interviews..

So jealous of non-Canadian students who often find out about admissions early in the year.

Mid June is our time of reckoning :xf:

Apparently we do find out at the same time. And apparently, we don't get an email if we aren't offered an interview....

Anyone hear yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,

I am an international student and i was accepted two weeks ago. Good luck to all who are waiting to hear back. The waiting sucks but hang in there!

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has been checking the webadvisor. I submitted all my documents for their deadlines however, there is one document that is still listed there as a transcript that is not yet counted as submitted. There is no due date for it. I assumed it was for us to submit our transcript after we received marks for our final semester. I hope this is the case. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has been checking the webadvisor. I submitted all my documents for their deadlines however, there is one document that is still listed there as a transcript that is not yet counted as submitted. There is no due date for it. I assumed it was for us to submit our transcript after we received marks for our final semester. I hope this is the case. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I think I know what you mean. I think it's just a note for them since there is no dead line and I haven't read any where that we need to submit our final marks...

P.S. Which email are you guys checking? Uofguelph or your alternative email?

I think I know what you mean. I think it's just a note for them since there is no dead line and I haven't read any where that we need to submit our final marks...

P.S. Which email are you guys checking? Uofguelph or your alternative email?

Yep I have that too.

I'm checking my Guelph one (since on the BIF it said notifications would be sent to that email) but my Guelph email gets automatically forwarded to my alternate email address anyway.

They said that they would be letting us know via our Uofguelph emails last time we received an email from them. However I've been checking them all haha, so nervous!

I emailed Heather Heaton mid April to inquire as to when/if we would hear back and she told me that we will hear back even if we are not selected for interview. So at least I can assume I have not been rejected... yet :S. Hopefully we will hear something back before the week of the 16th. I am sure I am not the only one who will have to book time off work for an interview with ample notice.

I emailed Deanna Lundmark, and she told me that we would only hear back (if we did not receive an interview) once all the acceptances have been sent out.

Has anyone heard yet!? This is getting kind of ridiculous...

Was just reading the Guelph Future Vet forum - Ms Lowenger from the OVC confirmed that invites will be going out to the top 200 applicants this week - hopefully tomorrow!

Helps to have a bit of a timeline - save all that email-checking for tomorrow! :)

Was just reading the Guelph Future Vet forum - Ms Lowenger from the OVC confirmed that invites will be going out to the top 200 applicants this week - hopefully tomorrow!

Helps to have a bit of a timeline - save all that email-checking for tomorrow! :)

Omgomgomgomgomg I assume "end of this week" really means Friday! My heart won't re-start beating till at least 5pm Friday

Proof?... I believe tomorrow they will say we will hear by next week :laugh:

Just got an e-mail from Heather Heaton! Interview on Monday 16th! So excited!
Good luck to everyone else waiting!
All the best!

I also got an invite for a May 16th interview..8:30am :( haha but not complaining. I'm nervous now, and I wasn't before ahhh.

seems like a lot people have it on Monday? anyone knows how they schedule it ?

I know this is a noob question, but am I supposed to wear a suit to the interview?

I think that would be a safe bet! I think like for any job interview you dont want anything out of the ordinary.

Just to be 100% sure, this interview is in the MMI format as last year right?... i don't want to be wrong and prepare for it in a different way hahaha

Good luck to you all on your interviews!! :) I applied to WCVM and already had my interview, but I'll be waiting with y'all till June for final decisions! Bah I hate waiting, especially when everyone in the states knows where they are going already! Not to mention everyone who applied to med school or grad school etc... I don't know of any application system that takes its time more than those for Canadian vet schools!! My friends are always joking that the first lesson you learn from vet school is to be very patient haha!

Anyone for recommendations on what to wear? I'm a girl, p.s... Like dress pants/blazer? Or is a suit type deal over the top?

Good luck to everyone interviewing!! I'm not until later in the week, wondering if anyone has gone through their MMIs yet? Any words of wisdom for the intensely curious/nervous waiters? How did it go???

Good luck to everyone interviewing!! I'm not until later in the week, wondering if anyone has gone through their MMIs yet? Any words of wisdom for the intensely curious/nervous waiters? How did it go???

I had mine yesterday, it went okay I think, could've done better on some stations. I couldn't read most of the interviewers' faces so it could've gone either way :scared:. They give you a small orientation before the MMI and the whole process was very efficient and well-organized.

Hi Everyone-Does anyone know if all the international seats for the c/o 2015 have been filled. Some of us haven't heard anything at all...no interview invitations and no rejection letters either. How many people have accepted the international seats? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

I had mine yesterday, it went okay I think, could've done better on some stations. I couldn't read most of the interviewers' faces so it could've gone either way :scared:. They give you a small orientation before the MMI and the whole process was very efficient and well-organized.

They're told not to show any facial expression so don't beat yourself up about it.

Any one know when they'll inform us of the final decisions?