1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Oversea trips...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Gutierrez001, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Gutierrez001

Gutierrez001 Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi
    Has anyone done any oversea trips with health groups, I was thinking about it but i was wondering if they allowed you do anything (beside paperwork),because most of them cost about 2K and i want to know if its worth the money. DOes anyone know of any web site i can check out for more info. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dustin04ag

dustin04ag Member
    7+ Year Member

I went to Costa Rica/ Nicaragua and Belize with a group called international service learning and it was incredible. We took 2 PAs, an american doc, and a Nurse PhD. THey taught us to much and by the second clinic we got to see our own patients with a doc or PA watching us... and then we would present and they would tell us what we missed or good job. And we also got to vacation a little. I ended up going back to Belize to work in a hospital for 3 months and got a total different experience. So i would say that it is totally worth it (depending on how much clinical experience you have... if you are a total stud and already know how to suture and assist surgery then this kind of 2 week trip might not be so great) if you go with the right people. ISL is a great organization... but i would suggest the Costa Rica/ Nicaragua trip. If you have any questions about it you can PM me.... or check out their website (not sure what it is... but you can google International service learning.. let me know if you cant find it)

4. biodork444

biodork444 Member
    7+ Year Member

You might want to look at crosscultural.org

5. Gutierrez001

Gutierrez001 Member
    5+ Year Member

sounds good .I am A EMT-B you think this would help ,plus I can speak spainsh. :D dustin04ag How much did the trip end up costly you?