Overweight people in pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

A low percentage of people actually have genetics f'ing them over. Some don't care. Some are addicted to food. Eventually the wonderful world of genetically custom pharmaceuticals will be producing PPAR-gamma agonists that will induce weight loss. They did it to rats once...I can't find the study anywhere...but it's good reading, nonetheless.

Until then, I say we give them all Adderall. I've lost 10 pounds since I started on it. One day I completely forget about the entire concept of eating until it was time for bed and my plasma levels were running low. It's a freakin' wonder drug, I tells ya.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A low percentage of people actually have genetics f'ing them over. Some don't care. Some are addicted to food. Eventually the wonderful world of genetically custom pharmaceuticals will be producing PPAR-gamma agonists that will induce weight loss. They did it to rats once...I can't find the study anywhere...but it's good reading, nonetheless.

Until then, I say we give them all Adderall. I've lost 10 pounds since I started on it. One day I completely forget about the entire concept of eating until it was time for bed and my plasma levels were running low. It's a freakin' wonder drug, I tells ya.

Sounds like it's time you get your hands on a pepperoni roll
 
They are very exclusive people. Notice how they don't date anyone outside of their race?


I've found that's something that isn't true at all. I've never dated one, but I've had a couple of them chasing me rather overtly before. And my fellow honky Jared had a nice love triangle thing going on with Indian best friends, too. If anything, they seem to like the "honky with cute Southern accent" at least.
 
At least Wvu is trying to come up with solutions, you Spiriva, are further perpetuating this horrible illness. Seriously how would a pepperoni roll solve the probelm.
I myself would take Adderrall if I didn't worry about the side effects (increased heart rate, etc)
Lord knows, it did me wonders while I was in pharmacy school!:hardy:
 
I've found that's something that isn't true at all. I've never dated one, but I've had a couple of them chasing me rather overtly before. And my fellow honky Jared had a nice love triangle thing going on with Indian best friends, too. If anything, they seem to like the "honky with cute Southern accent" at least.

LOL!! I haven't seen the term "honky" term in so long. :laugh:

I do agree that it isn't true for the most part. It is also a personal choice if one wishes to date within the same race.
 
At least Wvu is trying to come up with solutions, you Spiriva, are further perpetuating this horrible illness. Seriously how would a pepperoni roll solve the probelm.
I myself would take Adderrall if I didn't worry about the side effects (increased heart rate, etc)
Lord knows, it did me wonders while I was in pharmacy school!:hardy:

Oh, so you're one of *those*.

Stay out of people's conversations. There are experienced thread jackers in the house. The pepperoni thing is an inside joke that's at least a year old.
 
At least Wvu is trying to come up with solutions, you Spiriva, are further perpetuating this horrible illness.

Well....there's this whole tongue in cheek thing....eh, nevermind.

Seriously how would a pepperoni roll solve the probelm.

They are the solution to everything.

I myself would take Adderrall if I didn't worry about the side effects (increased heart rate, etc)
Lord knows, it did me wonders while I was in pharmacy school!:hardy:

After the initial dosing period, it's done nothing to my heart rate. I checked it all out a few days ago and I was back to 110s/70s and pulse in the upper 50s. I think my dose needs increased though....I still get spaced out occasionally.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, so you're one of *those*.

Stay out of people's conversations. There are experienced thread jackers in the house. The pepperoni thing is an inside joke that's at least a year old.

I like how that annoying shawnrx chick gets chastised for being an elitist and you yourself are the biggest one of them all. Sorry, is hypocrite in your vocab?👎confused:
 
At least Wvu is trying to come up with solutions, you Spiriva, are further perpetuating this horrible illness. Seriously how would a pepperoni roll solve the probelm.
I myself would take Adderrall if I didn't worry about the side effects (increased heart rate, etc)
Lord knows, it did me wonders while I was in pharmacy school!:hardy:

Yeah...I was just kidding... 😛

*Note to self to stay away from men an pepperoni roll jokes
 
my husband is a doctor (dermatologist) he holds very similar views to you vanco. its very hard to be an overweight professional when you r supposed to be a role model. i can't stand the fact that we have over 11 obese people inmy class, most of which are american.. i have noticed almost all the paki girls are thin, with the exception of one but i believe she is actually indian, the one that is obese is actually friends with only the white girls, and unlike my self and my paki friends we all eat our home cooking paki dishes. i think it so discgusting when i see all the student eating in the cafeteria, fries, and hamburgesr seem to be there favortites.

i am 5'4 and weigh 119ilb, i workout everyday with my husband. i think everyone should work out with their spouse its fun and it keeps you fit.. this is only true iof you are in the health field because you have to b e thin if you are a doctor or pharmacist. dentist not so much. they sit all day anyway.

pharmacist who are fat can not counsel properly because its embarrasing to contradict there lifestyle. if youare overweifht please dont be affended , this is not my opinion this is a fact.
 
my husband is a doctor (dermatologist) he holds very similar views to you vanco. its very hard to be an overweight professional when you r supposed to be a role model. i can't stand the fact that we have over 11 obese people inmy class, most of which are american.. i have noticed almost all the paki girls are thin, with the exception of one but i believe she is actually indian, the one that is obese is actually friends with only the white girls, and unlike my self and my paki friends we all eat our home cooking paki dishes. i think it so discgusting when i see all the student eating in the cafeteria, fries, and hamburgesr seem to be there favortites.

i am 5'4 and weigh 119ilb, i workout everyday with my husband. i think everyone should work out with their spouse its fun and it keeps you fit.. this is only true iof you are in the health field because you have to b e thin if you are a doctor or pharmacist. dentist not so much. they sit all day anyway.

pharmacist who are fat can not counsel properly because its embarrasing to contradict there lifestyle. if youare overweifht please dont be affended , this is not my opinion this is a fact.

Thanks shawn rx! you're finally making sense. Although, I do think it is offensive that you're grouping all Americans together. Pakistani cuisine is quite heavy and greasy, no clue how you're keeping all that weight off. Also, I disagree with your stance on dentists. I think they should be thin as well. I just think since they are performing cosmetic procedures for the most part, they need to look good as well... For the most part, you got it right!
Oh, and no one cares about your dermatologist husband. Most dermatologists I know are morbidly obese
 
Please refrain from associating me with that loser shawn rx (who got banned btw)
Suggestion: read the other posts in the other threads

I told you: i don't like Indians/Pakis
 
Please refrain from associating me with that loser shawn rx (who got banned btw)
Suggestion: read the other posts in the other threads

I told you: i don't like Indians/Pakis

Now she's fighting with herself.:laugh:
 
Please refrain from associating me with that loser shawn rx (who got banned btw)
Suggestion: read the other posts in the other threads

I told you: i don't like Indians/Pakis
OMG thank you for telling me! I really can't think/function on my own.

You must have one of those love/hate switches because you completely agreed with them and now you call them a loser. You are so amazing!
 
I am much more disgusted by anyone who smokes and tries to call themself a healthcare professional. People who are obese annoy me only when I notice that all they do is eat (and this is what I find, for crying out loud, I regularly go without a calorie for 10-12 hours, but some people I work amongst do not go 2 hours without grabbing at something)


2 hours without food is actually near impossible for me. I think going 10 hours without food is insane, and I know it's not good for your metabolism. Frequent, smaller sized portions man.

With that said, I powerlift, run and play hockey. Gotta keep it going strong, ya know?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad