Overwhelmed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZFlink

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Studying is slow...I have been focusing on gen-chem (watching chad's videos) because I have not had gen-chem in 2 years. I feel like there is soo much biology that I need to cover (have not had an intro biology course in 3 years) and Top-front-end/angle ranking is kicking my butt. I feel like I am putting a lot of time in gen-chem but I need to review all of it.

I have a DAT date of July 21.

Any advice for me guys I would appreciate it

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat dude, only I haven't even scheduled my testing date yet...I should probably get on that :p I know exactly how you feel. My studying has been going a lot lot slower than I had anticipated...my work ethic has declined horribly since school got out lol.

But July 21st gives you a month and a half pretty much....that's plenty of time to brush up on everything. I was planning on scheduling mine around the same date. I've gotten through about 80% of Chad's g-chem this past week. So say another week for the Orgo vids, and then 3-4 weeks of pure practice (+bio studying) and you (we?) should be set.

My Studying is slow...I have been focusing on gen-chem (watching chad's videos) because I have not had gen-chem in 2 years. I feel like there is soo much biology that I need to cover (have not had an intro biology course in 3 years) and Top-front-end/angle ranking is kicking my butt. I feel like I am putting a lot of time in gen-chem but I need to review all of it.

I have a DAT date of July 21.

Any advice for me guys I would appreciate it

Are you working? if you even just a bit ask for the rest of the time off, that might help. Also DAT destroyer is really helpful for gen chem, and so is preinceton review AP prep book ( it is very basic but I think it is actually very relevant to what is on the DAT)
For bio cliffs AP bio and Barron AP biol, if you read these books front to back (not the lab section) and do all the the little quizzes and test sections you should pull atleast a 20 in biol.

--- hope that helps

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat dude, only I haven't even scheduled my testing date yet...I should probably get on that :p I know exactly how you feel. My studying has been going a lot lot slower than I had anticipated...my work ethic has declined horribly since school got out lol.

But July 21st gives you a month and a half pretty much....that's plenty of time to brush up on everything. I was planning on scheduling mine around the same date. I've gotten through about 80% of Chad's g-chem this past week. So say another week for the Orgo vids, and then 3-4 weeks of pure practice (+bio studying) and you (we?) should be set.

That was my thinking...but then I also need to spend time with the PAT, QR and RC and when I factor all of those in I hope I am prepared enough

Are you working? if you even just a bit ask for the rest of the time off, that might help. Also DAT destroyer is really helpful for gen chem, and so is preinceton review AP prep book ( it is very basic but I think it is actually very relevant to what is on the DAT)
For bio cliffs AP bio and Barron AP biol, if you read these books front to back (not the lab section) and do all the the little quizzes and test sections you should pull atleast a 20 in biol.

--- hope that helps

I got Cliffs AP bio....I just do not know the best way to tackle it...I will want to take a lot of notes, but that will be very time consuming for me. I would like to spend about a week with it

IMO..gen chem is not too bad...its not too much like destroyer because you don't have to actually calculate the answer, but just set it up...know concepts, boiling point elevation, entropy, enthalpy etc. As for bio, yes it is random so just read as much as you can. From my experience, they ask a good amount of questions regarding genetics. The following link is a pretty good resource for many bio topics http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=733830 . For the PAT section, practice makes perfect. You will eventually get it. Crack DAT PAT is essential for this section!

Good Luck!