Owning a pharmacy, but not a pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wildcatprepharm

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently graduated with a bachelors in Business Admin/Accounting. I have worked at a pharmacy as a tech for 5 years at an independent store and have gained quite a bit of knowledge of the field itself and the admin part of running the business. My question is, in your opinion, could I be successful at either starting my own pharmacy or buying an established business if I'm not a pharmacist?

Side note: a staff pharmacist where I work has told me that she would like to go in half with me on buying a store or starting a business.

Thanks for your input!