Owning a Pharmacy Store

Started by daysinnnc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

daysinnnc

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If i become a phrmacist, how much can i make by owning my own pharmacy store??
I heard they make tons of money; is it ture??
 
Depends on a variety of factors. Though you might want to settle on a profession first. It won't matter how much money it makes if you don't like doing it. Same with setting up a dental practice or a chiropractor practice. Things like location, competition, ability to raise starting capital, and establishing a reliable customer base. If it's done right and all the mentioned factors come together, I understand you can do well enough. I also understand that it's very labor intensive. Not your 8 hours a day and leave work at work type of business.
 
It definitely is not something you just step into and start making a lot of money, Takes a while to build up a business and requires many things to come together as Farmacyst mentioned. This topic has been raised many times, use the search function and you find lots of info.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If i become a phrmacist, how much can i make by owning my own pharmacy store??
I heard they make tons of money; is it ture??


As mentioned above. Extremely long hrs, and it depends on location.
I personally have researched this: ranges ($175K-$500K+ per year)

While in school, make ur connections.

dependeing on if you open a brand new rx, or convert space in a supermarket, or take over from a retiring colleague. You maybe able to make a good profit on your first year.

PS: I am a PharmD with experience
 
the best is to buy an established pharmacy from someone who has retired. i read in bizben.com that some pharmacies pull in 35-40k a month.however dont forget competition like the corporates like longs they will match any drug price.
i would work first get to know then own.
 
You can also start your own franchise with the Medicine Shoppe or the Apothecary Shop.👍

If you are interested I highly recommend going to the NCPA convention in Anaheim in Oct. Do a search and you will find more info from myself and others.