Oxycontin Robberies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

techcert

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
last tuesday, a rite aid in costa mesa got robbed the second time in 3 months and just last night the robber tried to rob a rite aid in garden grove(california).

what's going on here? anyone working in a pharmacy have security precautions?

Members don't see this ad.

Our store does not have any security precautions. From what I hear, oxycontin robberies in the area where I live (Las Vegas) are pretty common. Last September, me and the pharmacist that I work with got robbed of our oxycontin. Our store then got a security guard to walk the store at night. However, about a month later, the guy from the first robbery came back and robbed the store again (on the security guard's night off). He finally got caught about two months ago. Each time, the pharmacist just had to call the police after he left. I haven't seen the security guard walking around anymore, so he's probably not at our store anymore.

A classmate got robbed on his first day of interning at Walgreens last semester. I guess that was his sign not to go into retail. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that a Walgreen store got robbed a couple of months ago in Minneapolis, and just recently (about two weeks ago), a Cub Pharmacy got robbed in Minneapolis.... I hope store managers are getting smarter before this thing gets out of hand.

I will install a trap door with a remote switch on my keychain....

Pharmacy robbed in Poca, WV.
I love some of these quotes.
"Somebody said, 'Well, I'll come out and sit on a chair on top of the roof with a gun,' and that's a neat offer, you know, kind of a wild-west approach," Brown said of one customer.

"When I got fairly close, I guess close enough that he got nervous, he fired a round at me, and then when that was the case, then I had a gun with me and so I knelt down took aim and fired twice," he said.

See, people from West Virginia are all so ****ing crazy that nobody tries to rob us, lest they get shot at by people not even associated with the store.

Pharmacy robbed in Poca, WV.
I love some of these quotes.

See, people from West Virginia are all so ****ing crazy that nobody tries to rob us, lest they get shot at by people not even associated with the store.

haha....they have to protect their dope. If the store was robbed, then where would they fill their rx for #180 OC 80's on workers comp?? :laugh: