P/F Switch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgirl09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So turns out I did pretty bad on my human phys final and may get a C ..C+ or B- depending on the curve...

The rest of my transcript is lookin great... should I switch this course to P/F...

I only have one interview.. and am waiting for more.. and am worried this grade will mess it up.

Indiana has stated that I need Human Phys completed... but I guess I need to call them directly adn find out the exact situation... But in terms of every other school... what looks worse??

AHH!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, Human physics is not a requirement of miost schools so I dont see why you cant take it P/F. Schools may ask about it but you can say that it isnt a required course so you took it for the knowledge not for the grade. If you can somehow scrape a B I would keep the grade. Interesting though tht by you, you can switch to a p/f after you began the course.

Well, Human physics is not a requirement of miost schools so I dont see why you cant take it P/F. Schools may ask about it but you can say that it isnt a required course so you took it for the knowledge not for the grade. If you can somehow scrape a B I would keep the grade. Interesting though tht by you, you can switch to a p/f after you began the course.

It is required for Indiana to be completed by June.... and although its not my top choice.. I don't want to lose a chance at any school at this point.

If I have my fall grade transcripts sent to AADSAS around Dec 30th.... will schools get them before they have time to give me an interview? I don't wnat to be in a position where I can't explain myself before they see it... ya know?

Im' getting increasingly worried and anxious thinknig about this grade.
Yea we can change the course option if the professor allows it.... I was sick with bronchitis / pneumonia for about 4 weeks adn that was the class that suffered. Luckily teh exam I took for biochem teh professor was nice enough to not count it given that myfinal exam went well.... Any input is welcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is required for Indiana to be completed by June.... and although its not my top choice.. I don't want to lose a chance at any school at this point.

If I have my fall grade transcripts sent to AADSAS around Dec 30th.... will schools get them before they have time to give me an interview? I don't wnat to be in a position where I can't explain myself before they see it... ya know?

Im' getting increasingly worried and anxious thinknig about this grade.
Yea we can change the course option if the professor allows it.... I was sick with bronchitis / pneumonia for about 4 weeks adn that was the class that suffered. Luckily teh exam I took for biochem teh professor was nice enough to not count it given that myfinal exam went well.... Any input is welcome.

I think that completing it pass fail meets Indina's requirement for the course. I doubt you would lose you chance because you took it and "just" passed. Also if this semester will heklp your application then maybe hurry up ad update, but if will hurt your application then I would say to hold off a little bit on updating.

I think that completing it pass fail meets Indina's requirement for the course. I doubt you would lose you chance because you took it and "just" passed. Also if this semester will heklp your application then maybe hurry up ad update, but if will hurt your application then I would say to hold off a little bit on updating.

I called Indiana nad they said they need to see a grade on my transcript.. or have the class completed by June. eek!

I took accounting for pass/fail, however, I'll end up getting a Pass with an A grade. So, I guess it's kind of crummy but oh well.

I took accounting for pass/fail, however, I'll end up getting a Pass with an A grade. So, I guess it's kind of crummy but oh well.

haha.. umm. can you switch it? congrats?

haha.. umm. can you switch it? congrats?

I don't think I can. I missed two exams due to interviews and kind of wish I never switched it, live and learn I guess :D

I don't think I can. I missed two exams due to interviews and kind of wish I never switched it, live and learn I guess :D

Well how did you get an A missing 2 exams? that makes no sense! But I guess you have no reason to complain either way.. atlesat you didnt get a NP... :thumbup:

Had to take some insane make-ups that made me go :smuggrin:

Had to take some insane make-ups that made me go :smuggrin:

That is the reason I did bad, I think. I was sick... had to take a makeup exam right before the final whe nI got better... and his tests are supposedly straight from his notes according to him... but his makeup exam was 10x harder and I was not expecting it. When I asked he said he has to do that because its not fair that I got to take it later.

Interesting philosophy, I guess...........

Luckily my biochem professor said he woudl weigh my makeup exam a little less because he understood that its difficult to keep up with 18 credits and miss 3-4 weeks of class. I still had 3 other tests that proved my abilities. Dah well. We'll see what happens... letting it ride...

In my school you can take pass fail but if you get an A or A- then that grade is recorded.