P/NP classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pupsingh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if u take a class that u decide to take on a pass/no pass basis, does that really count as a C on ur AADSAS gpa? i took a cpl of classes my freshman year on a pass no pass basis because i thought that it wouldnt count towards the gpa? anyone care to clarify?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a pass/no pass class and I don't recall anything like that occuring in my AADSAS calculation. I passed of course, so I'm not sure how a No pass might factor in.

I also had a class where I got a P; it didn't affect my AADSAS GPA, and no one asked me about it (even though it was a science).

Members don't see this ad :)
Careful, some schools (like CU) don't accept pass/fail credits if you had the option to take it for a grade.

Pass credits don't count as anything towards your GPA. My pass didn't affect my GPA.

The only thing that will affect is if you fail or not.

It doesn't go into you GPA. They can't assume you got a certain grade. And I also believe then that if you fail it, it also doesn't factor into your gpa either? Or at least depending on your school. My school only offers credit/no credit. So if you fail, you just get no credit for the class and not a no pass.

This is reassuring. I might have a few PASSes in non-prereq/science courses.