Jul 14, 2011
Status
Pharmacy Student
I successfully completed my P3 year. Now I am a P4. As my most favorite Forum, I came to SDN to get important advice from fellow SDN pharmacists and pharmacy students. I will be starting rotations in a few weeks, but I am worried about whether I would find a job (retail/hospital/managed care/etc.) after graduation. What should I do during my P4 year to help me get a job after graduation? When should I start searching and/or applying for a job? How hard is it to find a job as a Grad Intern? Should I do a residency? What other strategies do I follow to help me find a job?

I really appreciate your advice. Thanks a million

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
Make as many connections with powerful/important people as you can. That's how you get jobs in the real world.

30Percent

Big boy shoes
Feb 5, 2011
Status
Are you interested in any residencies? Did you schedule your rotations according to what you're interested in? Ex: If you're interested in acute care residency you try to get those rotations in the beginning so when you apply you'll have the LOR ready. Otherwise you might rush your writers and not have the recommendations at all.