Pa hospital experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkkam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys Im thinking of becoming a PA, and I dont have any hospital experience but I have volunteered for 200 hours.

Ive heard there are programs that you can do that dont require you to have hospital work experience can you point me in the right direction toward those schools.

Also what are the GPA requirements for PA school.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Guys Im thinking of becoming a PA, and I dont have any hospital experience but I have volunteered for 200 hours.

Ive heard there are programs that you can do that dont require you to have hospital work experience can you point me in the right direction toward those schools.

Also what are the GPA requirements for PA school.

Thank you

GPA is fairly competitive. The median and mean for those accepted in 2007 was 3.5.

As far as experience goes, I suggest you look at the programs you are interested in, and see what their requirements are. And it would improve your chances if you would go get some real experience before applying;).

most quality programs require at least 1000 hrs of paid, professional,direct hands on medical experience.....like emt, medical asst, rn, rt, cna, etc
200 hrs is 5 weeks....that's nice for "shadowing" or "community service" but meaningless as "healthcare experience".