PA Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HKBB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people who live in Pennsylvania, I am curious to hear what is your number 1 choice if you got accepted to all your choices? And why?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
PITTSBURGH! 100x Pittsburgh :)

I second this. Praying for good news tomorrow. Originally I was thinking Pitt or Maryland but I felt so at home at Pitt and Maryland was oddly underwhelming for me.

Reactions: 1 users
haha nice! Pitt was great, I loved the campus. What's your main reason?

I feel so comfortable in that city and on the campus. I'm from a really small town, and while all dental schools are in big cities this was the one that gave me the small town feel. I also based my school ranking off of feedback and responses from current students and every single student I talked to at Pitt was so enthusiastic about the school and the program that it was contagious. I also loved all the clinics and how they have it set up that you do rotations in each one. I think it would help give me a good idea as to if I wanted to specialize or not. Also the anesthesiology program that they offered to supplement a dental degree was really unique! I just have nothing bad to say about this school! My status was changed on Thanksgiving to "check back Dec 2" and I soooo want to see "offer made" tomorrow!!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I feel so comfortable in that city and on the campus. I'm from a really small town, and while all dental schools are in big cities this was the one that gave me the small town feel. I also based my school ranking off of feedback and responses from current students and every single student I talked to at Pitt was so enthusiastic about the school and the program that it was contagious. I also loved all the clinics and how they have it set up that you do rotations in each one. I think it would help give me a good idea as to if I wanted to specialize or not. Also the anesthesiology program that they offered to supplement a dental degree was really unique! I just have nothing bad to say about this school! My status was changed on Thanksgiving to "check back Dec 2" and I soooo want to see "offer made" tomorrow!!!! :)

That's great to hear. I hope you get in! I felt the same way when I visited as well. All the students seemed really laid back and looked like they were enjoying their time at Pitt. My status hasn't changed, so I don't know if that's a good thing =/ But we will see. In any case, I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:
That's great to hear. I hope you get in! I felt the same way when I visited as well. All the students seemed really laid back and looked like they were enjoying their time at Pitt. My status has changed, so I don't know if that's a good thing =/ But we will see. In any case, I wish you the best of luck!
Ill have my fingers crossed for both of us that a status change is a good thing. I wish you the best of luck too. Maybe we'll be future classmates! Can't wait to meet everyone Ill be spending the next 4 years of my life with.

Reactions: 1 users
I had the status change as well. Good luck to us all!