You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
depends on specialty, location, years of experience, etc.
for example, a new grad in radiation oncology, city of chicago: $70K + nice benefits.
a classmate is in internal med, chicago suburbs, $67K.
you can look on salary.com and tailor it your specific location.
for example, a new grad in radiation oncology, city of chicago: $70K + nice benefits.
a classmate is in internal med, chicago suburbs, $67K.
you can look on salary.com and tailor it your specific location.
D
deleted6669
MSc44 said:what can one expect to make as a PA, or what are the averages in a few diff fields
anyone who can shead some info it is greatly appreachiated
INCOME - Results of the 2005 AAPA Physician Assistant Census Survey indicate that the mean total income from primary employer for PAs who are not self-employed and who work at least 32 hours per week for their primary employer is $81,129 (standard deviation $21,254); the median is $77,402. The comparable mean for PAs who have been in clinical practice for less than one year is $68,116 (standard deviation $13,077); the median is $66,591.
avg by specialty:
http://physician-assistant.advanceweb.com/common/Editorial/Editorial.aspx?CC=66397
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
M
MSc44
melcal said:depends on specialty, location, years of experience, etc.
for example, a new grad in radiation oncology, city of chicago: $70K + nice benefits.
a classmate is in internal med, chicago suburbs, $67K.
you can look on salary.com and tailor it your specific location.
Im not sure how much i believe salary .com for my area NYC, Long island it says that regular PA's make more thes surgical PA's
why do PAs in Pennsylvania make so little?
Depends on the specialty. EM pays some of the best money. Forget what most say about CT surgery. Count up their HOURLY pay scale and see what they really make. I work for a group that is not the best payors and I make about $130k/yr and will start receiving my producton now (after first year) which is around $30k. I also get 12% towards my 401k and full benefits plus $5000k CME. I work about 45-50 hrs a week, which is quite a lot for EM. My last job paid $105k year but I only worked a 32 hour week, and it worked out to only 28hr week after I subtracted the 6 weeks vacation.
M
MSc44
Depends on the specialty. EM pays some of the best money. Forget what most say about CT surgery. Count up their HOURLY pay scale and see what they really make. I work for a group that is not the best payors and I make about $130k/yr and will start receiving my producton now (after first year) which is around $30k. I also get 12% towards my 401k and full benefits plus $5000k CME. I work about 45-50 hrs a week, which is quite a lot for EM. My last job paid $105k year but I only worked a 32 hour week, and it worked out to only 28hr week after I subtracted the 6 weeks vacation.
did you do a residency
I know a few guys in CT surgery that did residency and they are racking in LOTS of money, they are about 5 years out of school this is NY also
MSC - Yes, I did a 2 year residency in EM in which I received a masters degree. But other than sometimes starting on the upper end of the pay scale off the bat, I get the same money as everyone else.
Preludexl - I wouldn't go by the salaries in PA World. The AAPA has salary profiles and my state, Nevada shows that we pay the 4th highest salaries in the country. I'll bet about a dozen people answered the survey, so it may not be all that accurate.
Preludexl - I wouldn't go by the salaries in PA World. The AAPA has salary profiles and my state, Nevada shows that we pay the 4th highest salaries in the country. I'll bet about a dozen people answered the survey, so it may not be all that accurate.
MSC - Yes, I did a 2 year residency in EM in which I received a masters degree. But other than sometimes starting on the upper end of the pay scale off the bat, I get the same money as everyone else.
Preludexl - I wouldn't go by the salaries in PA World. The AAPA has salary profiles and my state, Nevada shows that we pay the 4th highest salaries in the country. I'll bet about a dozen people answered the survey, so it may not be all that accurate.
Agreed. I just look at paworld to see what the general soliciting pay is. I'm sure there are lots of negotiating that goes around.
D
deleted6669
INCOME - Results of the 2005 AAPA Physician Assistant Census Survey indicate that the mean total income from primary employer for PAs who are not self-employed and who work at least 32 hours per week for their primary employer is $81,129 (standard deviation $21,254); the median is $77,402. The comparable mean for PAs who have been in clinical practice for less than one year is $68,116 (standard deviation $13,077); the median is $66,591.
avg by specialty:
http://physician-assistant.advanceweb.com/common/Editorial/Editorial.aspx?CC=66397
the 2006 aapa member survey just came out this week. avg pa pay is up to $84,396/yr for pa's working at least 32 hrs/week at 1 job.
http://www.aapa.org/research/06census-intro.html
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K