Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am interested in PA school. I am currently in graduate school for business, but am not finding as much excitement in the field. Below is my academic and professional history. I am looking for feeback regarding my potential to be accepted into a program. Am I a good candidate?
Bachelor's of Science in Neurobiology
Undergraduate GPA 3.4
Just over 9 years in the Army Medical Corps
Over 2500 direct patient hours
I have completed 40% of an MBA
Current graduate GPA 4.0
I did not take Microbiology during my undergraduate time. I also took vertebrate anatomy, which I don't think will satisfy the human anatomy and physiology requirement. As a result, I will need to take a few classes before I can attend PA school.
My science GPA is ~3.1. I had some difficulty due to being pulled out of school frequently for military duties. For example, at no point in my school did I have less than one year between chemistry semesters. It is my hope that I will raise my science GPA with microbiology and A&P.
I am not sure if it is required, but I did take the GRE and scored a 160 verbal, 160 quant, and had a writing score of 5.
My concerns are: low science GPA (Biology grades were consistently high, while chemistry and physics varied between A and C). Math grades are consistently high (All A's exceot for an AB in Stats).
My strengths are: Years of working in the medical field and patient hours
In your opinion, do I sound like I would be a good candidate for PA school? If not, what should I do to improve my chances?
Thank you!
I am interested in PA school. I am currently in graduate school for business, but am not finding as much excitement in the field. Below is my academic and professional history. I am looking for feeback regarding my potential to be accepted into a program. Am I a good candidate?
Bachelor's of Science in Neurobiology
Undergraduate GPA 3.4
Just over 9 years in the Army Medical Corps
Over 2500 direct patient hours
I have completed 40% of an MBA
Current graduate GPA 4.0
I did not take Microbiology during my undergraduate time. I also took vertebrate anatomy, which I don't think will satisfy the human anatomy and physiology requirement. As a result, I will need to take a few classes before I can attend PA school.
My science GPA is ~3.1. I had some difficulty due to being pulled out of school frequently for military duties. For example, at no point in my school did I have less than one year between chemistry semesters. It is my hope that I will raise my science GPA with microbiology and A&P.
I am not sure if it is required, but I did take the GRE and scored a 160 verbal, 160 quant, and had a writing score of 5.
My concerns are: low science GPA (Biology grades were consistently high, while chemistry and physics varied between A and C). Math grades are consistently high (All A's exceot for an AB in Stats).
My strengths are: Years of working in the medical field and patient hours
In your opinion, do I sound like I would be a good candidate for PA school? If not, what should I do to improve my chances?
Thank you!