PA shadowing question

Started by exacto
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

exacto

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work as an ER scribe right now and work with both MD's and PA's. Will this count as shadowing? I basically am tied to my provider and follow him/her everywhere he/she goes, so I am guessing so?

I am thinking about changing from pre med to pre PA. I have shadowed multiple doctors outside of work.
 
It depends on how the PA school tells you what they consider shadowing hours to be. Personally, I consider scribing to be little more than paid shadowing, but I'm not a PA school admissions committeeS