IDFTIGER

10+ Year Member
May 10, 2006
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Hey guys, I'm a PA student currently, but after PA school, I think I may want to practice in another state. How do I go about obtaining my license in another state? By taking an exam for the state's regulations, or just by paying a fee to obtain the license like RN's do? Also, in general, how flexible is it for PA's to go from stste to state?

WORLD CUP!!! GO ITALY!!!

emedpa

GlobalDoc
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2001
Taking an Away team....
Status
Post Doc
IDFTIGER said:
Hey guys, I'm a PA student currently, but after PA school, I think I may want to practice in another state. How do I go about obtaining my license in another state? By taking an exam for the state's regulations, or just by paying a fee to obtain the license like RN's do? Also, in general, how flexible is it for PA's to go from stste to state?

WORLD CUP!!! GO ITALY!!!
I am licensed in 3 states. it is pretty easy to get additional state licenses if you are nccpa certified. usually just a background check and a new practice description with a fee of a few hundred bucks.takes about a month usually.

melcal

physician assistant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2004
chicagoland
Status
Post Doc
if you know the website of the PA association of the states you're interested in, they should give you further info/links of how to get your license.
www.aapa.org should also have the lists of all the state PA associations.

About the Ads