PA to MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roundabout18

Reaction score
Current PA interested in making the jump to medical school.

I know there is a PA to DO APAP program at LECOM.

However, I’ve also found that many medical school programs are now offering 3 year programs where you essentially choose your residency pathway right off the bat. I noticed that many of these programs also guarantee you a spot in their residency program (I.e Penn, Cooper, Ohio State etc.).

I was curious if anyone in here has gone from PA to one of the latter programs as oppose to the APAP LECOM program and if so how the process was for you. Also interested in hearing current APAP students reviews of the program.

I know that one allure of the APAP LECOM is that you don’t necessarily have to take a ton more classes. I’d only need to take 1 physics course.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, there is the Consortium of Accelerated Medical Pathway Programs .

It seems like you are comflating your questions. Are you interested in other PA's who applied and were successful getting into medical school (aside from the APAP at LECOM)? The 3YMD programs are not meant for PA's, and one makes the choice to be part of these tracks after matriculating (in other words there is not a separate admissions pathway).