PA to MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
supa said:
I think i missed that particular post where any PA said that the difference between MDs and PAs is negligible <-------- (note correct spelling). You care to enlighten me?
::AngryBaby::<------- (note poor speller)

Anywayyyyy...I was asking a question, not insinuating anything. I couldn't tell if the PA's were saying there was a neligab...wait...nelagib...no...negligible difference between docs and PA's. You care to answer me?

Members don't see this ad.

i thought this tread was about moving from pennsylvania to maryland.

AngryBaby said:
::AngryBaby::<------- (note poor speller)

Anywayyyyy...I was asking a question, not insinuating anything. I couldn't tell if the PA's were saying there was a neligab...wait...nelagib...no...negligible difference between docs and PA's. You care to answer me?

No need to ask the question if you're able to read, but I'll answer anyway. Nobody said such a thing to my recollection. And kudos on your spelling improvement...if you were a little better you could be a PA.

Members don't see this ad :)
supa said:
No need to ask the question if you're able to read, but I'll answer anyway. Nobody said such a thing to my recollection. And kudos on your spelling improvement...if you were a little better you could be a PA.
One can only dream...

Yes, PAs run into things that weren't discussed in school but do you think they just cower in the corner and cry about it as the doc runs in to save the day?

No, they read about it and learn about it and will be prepared to handle it better the next time. Nobody is saying there isnt a difference, the whole point in the thread is that there is a difference and thats why we would want to go back to med school.... sigh.... for future physicians there is a lot of lack of perspective on here.

ndspider said:
Firstly, Grady Memorial Hospital.
Biggest hospital inthe SE.

Nice, I'm here too! Hope to see you around on the wards one day.

ilovestewie said:
Yes, PAs run into things that weren't discussed in school but do you think they just cower in the corner and cry about it as the doc runs in to save the day?

No, they read about it and learn about it and will be prepared to handle it better the next time. Nobody is saying there isnt a difference, the whole point in the thread is that there is a difference and thats why we would want to go back to med school.... sigh.... for future physicians there is a lot of lack of perspective on here.
Point taken, like I said I was having trouble discerning what the PA posters were getting at (<----- note dangling preposition). I couldn't tell if the thread was morphing into a different animal is all. I would love to hear from a PA turned doc and see what they have to say. I don't have any personal reference point for this since I'm still an SMP pre-med so I'm certainly not making any judgements nor trying to "tell it like it is".