Pacific and ICO

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acurael

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently trying to decide between ICO and Pacific....any pros and cons about the schools that current students could tell me?

Im also considering NEWENCO, but i have heard the living expenses are very high....on their website they look similar to ICO's but maybe they're not "accurate"

in general are the student budgets sheets that the schools give about right? or are they underestimates? any hidden costs?

Members don't see this ad.

I was also accepted at all three of those schools. Congratulations!When I looked at the costs of living of all three, they were about all the same. In fact I think the first two years at ICO were more expensive than NEWENCO and Pacific in regards to tuition. I think that you must make the decision based on where you will succeed and fit in the most.

well i havent been accepted to NEWENCO...i have an interview set up...but i may cancel because it is quite far away from where i live....also its already hard enough choosing between Pacific and ICO....the benefit of Pacific is that i will be close to home.... ICO has excellent facilities and its in a big city

im confused:(

im surprised that the living expenses in boston are similar to chicago and oregon...i always thought they would be much higher

Members don't see this ad :)
hm,
i just spoke with NEWENCO this morning and their annual tuition is $25,400+ .
I Know im gonna be in BIG TIME debt, but I think it's all worth it...

listen, you need to be close to family, thats where you'll do best i think. I chose to live in Boston for the next 4 years b/c I have family there.
My advice: try to live close to home or family as much as possible...they will be your strongest support in your years to come. and dont think about the money yet, think of where you'll be inclined to succeed the most.

yah i think you are right about the whole family thing.....im going to put down deposits for both schools just to play it safe

thanks for the advice...i think i was always leaning towards pacific...family is important....especially since its 4 years:)

im still hoping to get into waterloo...but i wont find out for quite a while...i will be far away from my family, but the costs are sooooooooo much lower...and i feel they have a strong program