Pacific and SCCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Opt2010

SUNY Class of 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to those two schools yet? Can you guys give me a little bit feedback on what you guys thought about the school, location, clinical opportunities ie see enough patients, will be fully ready after graduation, campus, interview, people, etc?
Please let me know! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Opt2010 said:
Has anyone been to those two schools yet? Can you guys give me a little bit feedback on what you guys thought about the school, location, clinical opportunities ie see enough patients, will be fully ready after graduation, campus, interview, people, etc?
Please let me know! Thanks

Oh man, the clinic in SCCO is beautiful! It's pretty much brand spankin new! It's pretty high tech. One of the students there said that she saw quite a few clinics while she interviewed in different schools, and SCCO's is easily the most impressive. Also, the facilities (classrooms, etc) were really nice overall.

Clinical opportunities are quite extensive as SCCO has a huge network of outreach clinics, including several out of state (Japan and Hawaii even!!!).

The interview was pretty laid back overall. There are lots of old threads here regarding the interview, just search with the keywords "SCCO interview"

Oh, and the people were super friendly. I asked for where the admin facilities were, and the student personally walked me to there...what an awesome first impression.