Pacific Dental Services

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentin Tubules

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there you guys!

Does anyone know anything about Pacific Dental Services? They visited my school a few times but I want to know pros/cons about this company.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there you guys!

Does anyone know anything about Pacific Dental Services? They visited my school a few times but I want to know pros/cons about this company.

i know a little bit. pm if u want info.

Hi there you guys!

If you're looking for a job where you work while you're at work and leave it all at the door at the end of the day then it may be a good option for you. If you just want a paycheck and don't want to deal with leadership type decisions, it may be a good job with you. If you want to have someone there to hold your hand then it may be for you.

If you want autonomy, where you decide how you want to schedule things or what types of procedures you don't want to do then it may not be for you.

In my opinion, you really need to do your due diligence before going into any corporate
/DSO-type facility. Shadow for a few days at multiple locations. Talk to multiple dentists who work there. Observe the attitudes and demeanor of the assistants and front desk staff. But take what the dentists say with a grain of salt, usually they get a bonus for anyone new hire who they referred.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there you guys!

Probably a good place to start. I know some associates there and they don't have much complaints. Autonomy is similar to private practice.

A friend of mine joined them couple of months ago. He graduated last year. They are expanding from the west to the east coast. They are set up like a private practice and many do not operate under the “Pacific Dental” name.

Reactions: 1 user
If PDS was such a great organization, then they wouldn't need to be recruiting at your school! Check out Craigslist or Google Jobs....most postings are PDS. The are predatory to new dentists because they know you are in a financial bind. Pyramid scheme, HMO patients, and overselling treatment just to make the numbers and compete with other offices....yes, they have a scoreboard. You can work at better places, dont sell yourself short.....really

Reactions: 1 users
Plan to work there for 4 months for the guaranteed base pay of $500/day then get out. If you stay longer than 4 months and don't earn your keep, then they can claw back your base, ALLEGEDLY.

******Edited this part out because I don't wanna get sued! Sorry, folks, I don't have millions of dollars to hire a bunch of lawyers to defend myself against PDS, but take it as a hint that if real dentists out in the real world are warning you against PDS, believe them. PDS loves their CEREC, ALLEGEDLY!!!!!!!

I never worked there but I did interview there when I was 2 years out of school. I saw the revolving door of 4 month stint dentists and got a clue. I have no idea how they can retain any dentists there. Maybe HB1 visas? ALL ALLEGEDLY.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users