Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Pacific U Biology Pre-req's

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by Mimi416, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Mimi416

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone can help me out here. For those of you who have been accepted to Pacific University or interviewed there could you please tell me what the biological prerequisite courses are according to them? Thank you to those who reply.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cunikki

cunikki SCCO 2009

4. Mimi416

thanks i appreciate your reply and i have already seen this site and form, but I was wondering what they are more specifically. Like about the human anatomy and physiology courses, when they say (sequential human A and P is acceptable but not a single course) because so far this is the only school I've applied to that has these as prereqs. i'm just confused about the biology prereqs and if anyone whos at pacific or interviewed there who had their file review can be specific about them i'd appreciate it. thanks

5. ODduck

ODduck Future Oregon OD

Optometry Student
    You need to have Microbiology with Lab, Anatomy with Lab, and Human Physiology with Lab. At my school Anatomy, Anatomy Lab, Human Phys, and Human Phys Lab were 4 separate courses which were each taken in two sequential terms (i.e. Anatomy Lecture I and Anatomy Lab I followed by Anatomy Lecture II and Anatomy Lab II the next term). What I believe is meant by combined courses are obviously courses that combine Anatomy and Phys. A single class (taken in one term/semester) combining the two does not count, however, if the combined course has two sequential terms/semeters (i.e. Anatomy & Phys I followed by Anatomy & Phys II) then the combined courses are fine. I believe this is what it means, but to make sure you should call Pacific admissions, they are very nice and helpful.