-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pacific University (OR)
Started by Jarrodmac10
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm definitely worried, where else did you apply?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you like to explain this e-mail properly?
"It has been a little more than a month since the deadline for Pacific Universitys School of Physical Therapy application for Fall 2012.* With over 800 PTCAS applications, our hands are a little dry from processing the largest number of PT applications to date for Pacific.* I personally appreciate your patience with my communication (or lack thereof) during this busy time of year. This email indicates that your completed application is currently in the review process by the Admissions Committee.* Ive received several questions about status updates and needed information, so here are a few tips for how to proceed over the next two months"
This is quoted from the email....
I'm definitely worried, where else did you apply?
I also applied to EWU, UW, UPS, NAU, and Montana.
How about you?
I also applied to EWU, George Fox, Chapman, and U of Minnesota
I also applied to EWU, George Fox, Chapman, and U of Minnesota
If you don't mind me asking.... How are your stats?
Cumulative: 3.45
Pre-req: 3.5
I have 600+ observation hours. Pacific is really big on observation hours. Last year the average amount of hours those accepted had was 750, so I'm a little nervous about that.
Pre-req: 3.5
I have 600+ observation hours. Pacific is really big on observation hours. Last year the average amount of hours those accepted had was 750, so I'm a little nervous about that.
Cumulative: 3.45
Pre-req: 3.5
I have 600+ observation hours. Pacific is really big on observation hours. Last year the average amount of hours those accepted had was 750, so I'm a little nervous about that.
I have only 455 hours, but in 5 different settings, so I hope that helps a little. As far as GPA goes my cumulative on ptcas is 3.54 (3.72) on my transcript, and pre-req on ptcas is 3.74, but I believe my pre-req GPA for pacific is around 3.85.
What's your first choice? I'm really hoping for EWU but my GRE scores are in the 45th percentile and my AW score is 3.5, so I'm also nervous regarding my application to EWU.
Invitations for interviews will be sent no later than January 31st!!!!
You guys shouldn't be fooled by the crazy number of applicants they tell you they receive. the reason they get so many applicants is because they are one of the few schools in the US that does not require GRE scores not bc its a competitive or good school.
They're the only program in Oregon, that could also be another reason for the number of applicants. Also, Pacific has a damn good reputation. They don't lose credibility because they don't require the GRE.
Hey has anyone heard from Pacific concerning interviews? I just received an e-mail saying I'm on the waitlist for interviews.
I'm interviewing February 17th! I hope u get off the wait list.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on the waitlist too! But did you read the whole email? They do it by tiers and it goes by priority. So I'm in tier 3 which said that there is a slim chance of getting an interview hahaha and to prepare for other options. I mean... I'm flattered I made it that far I guess because I know it's extremely difficult to get into this school. Awww.... Pacific has such a good reputation too. Good luck to everyone!
Interviewing on Feb 18th. Does anyone have friends/coworkers that have attended Pacific, any info about the surrounding community, overall experience?
Interviewing on Feb 18th. Does anyone have friends/coworkers that have attended Pacific, any info about the surrounding community, overall experience?
In the email Pacific had mentioned that there will be an essay portion, do you know what that's about?
Interviewing on Feb 18th. Does anyone have friends/coworkers that have attended Pacific, any info about the surrounding community, overall experience?
I observed a PT who attended their Master's program, she said she loved it. Right now she is head of rehab at a hospital, so they did something right lol
I'm off the waitlist, my interview is on the 18th!
I'm off the waitlist, my interview is on the 18th!
Good luck!! I withdrew today from an interview cause I get into a program in my state! Good luck again!
yes
Last edited:
Yeah I was in tier 1.
That's great you got into a program close to home. I'm sure it's a relief to know you're accepted somewhere and done with the waiting game
That's great you got into a program close to home. I'm sure it's a relief to know you're accepted somewhere and done with the waiting game
Yeah I was in tier 1.
That's great you got into a program close to home. I'm sure it's a relief to know you're accepted somewhere and done with the waiting game
You'll know the feeling soon. It was hard to turn down Pacific cause they have such a good program. But UPS just opened up a new health science facility last year and they are 20 minutes from where I grew up.