Pacific University Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mekarual

extraordinary machine
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in the Pacific University program (three years, yeah!), but I have some questions. I know they're not accredited yet, so what does that mean as far as students of the program go? Are they not allowed to sit for the NAPLEX at the end of their program? Or are they allowed as soon as the school gains full accreditation?

Also, is it risky to go to a school where the program is so new, or do you think it would matter?

Members don't see this ad.

mekarual said:
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in the Pacific University program (three years, yeah!), but I have some questions. I know they're not accredited yet, so what does that mean as far as students of the program go? Are they not allowed to sit for the NAPLEX at the end of their program? Or are they allowed as soon as the school gains full accreditation?

Also, is it risky to go to a school where the program is so new, or do you think it would matter?

You have to take a look at the pros and cons of applying to the college and do some research.

The best thing that can happen is the school get its accreditation within the 3 yrs that your in school.

The worst that can happen is you lose your tuition will not be able to practice pharmacy in return.

If your truly interested, check out their website, read up on ACPE and how the whole process works and visit the school.

good luck