Pacific

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spoeye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that had a Feb 8th interview at Pacific have you guys heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I was there on the 8th and heard back. I was waitlisted for PUCO. However, the interview day did not impress me a whole lot and I had already decided that I didn't want to attend. I was pretty disgruntled about how I was the very last interview group and likely the last interviewee (they started me at 3:45 because the person prior was started late as well. I got done well past the dessert reception.

Really? I've heard mixed reviews about the interview there as well! I have an interview with them coming up as well. Was it one of the more difficult interviews you've had?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did think that it was one of the more difficult interviews in comparison to all the other ones. However, it was more like a job interview. The most awkward thing was to personally hand the writing prompt (done hours earlier) to the panel. They'll give you an ethics question to review while they're reading it, and it's hard not to think about how you answered the writing prompt while thinking about how you'll answer the ethical, verbal prompt. I don't want to plant a negative seed in your head, but we sat in the "alumni room," for 3 hours in the beginning of the day watching a ppt presentation about the school. I was in the last interview group, which meant a campus tour after lunch with students and faculty followed by a 1 hr period to "visit the performing arts center or take a break." It seemed unorganized.

Totally different than my experience. I also had my interview later on in the day, but got done in plenty of time. We handed in the writing prompt early. I wonder if someone called out suck that day? We also did not see a power point at all? I really enjoyed the whole process and the school.

I had the same experience as you CVU. Pacific was my very first choice prior to the interview day. I had visited before and fell in love with the program and the faculty. The day was very long and it could have easily been more organized and condensed. I also felt that this was my most difficult interview. I did not feel the conversational vibe i had at my other interviews. I also had to hand my written response to them while mulling over the ethical question.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, I loved my interview day at Pacific. It is a very different interview compared to the others I've had (I went to 5 total) but I didn't feel that I was being judged too harshly on anything and my interviewers were really pleasant. I just got a really good feeling from the school and actually liked that it was a longer day so I could have more time to evaluate the school as I was there. I was in the last interview group and it definitely makes you feel anxious, but it turned out well.

I was told when I was accepted that they expect the class to be full by the end of February, but obviously people will drop as they get accepted into other schools and they'll start pulling off the waitlist. And to answer OP's question, I do know someone who was accepted from the Feb. 8th interview day.