Pags, did you match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPFL75

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everybody on SDN knows about Pags and his quest as a DO student to match into Radiology...well, does anybody know if he succeeded?

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by JPFL75:
•Everybody on SDN knows about Pags and his quest as a DO student to match into Radiology...well, does anybody know if he succeeded?•••••Man, pags will tell if pags wants...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by JPFL75:
•Everybody on SDN knows about Pags and his quest as a DO student to match into Radiology...well, does anybody know if he succeeded?•••••I agree with the above guy-- He will say if he wants. Why do you want to know? so you can say that a DO can't match into the specialty-- We know that is not true. I SAY LEAVE HIM ALONE-- it really is non of your business.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just curious...I'm a DO student myself...if I offended anybody or Pags himself..I apologize...maybe this thread should be deleted

JPFL75:

You didn't say anything inappropriate. Your question might make pags a bit uncomfortable, I agree.

There will inevitably be Allopathic and Osteopathic candidates that did not match into Radiology this year (and probably for a few more years to come).

Also: look for the recovery of General Surgery in terms of popularity.

Good luck.

Hey JPFL75, I never thought you intended any harm. I'm always surprised how people jump the gun and think of the worst case scenario on these forums. Can't someone just be genuinely interested about another member of SDN?

Man! The guy/gal was just asking a sincere question. Pags can answer it if he wants or this thread would end up at the bottom of the page.

Agree. There are some freakin' thin-skinned folks on this forum. The guy was asking the question out of genuine concern and everyone spitted on him. Take ya sensitivity elsewhere.

Watch yourself...or dbiddy will tell you to screw yourself...as there is really no difference in applications from an MD, DO, or IMG....

and I too was amazed at how such a innocent question could get misinterpreted as malicious...me thinks someone has issues that needth be resolved.

As a fellow NYCOM'er, I too am a little curious--especially since Pags has never been shy about discussing his situation.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by ATLien:
•it's like asking a couple " . . . so when are you getting married . . ." it puts people on the spot.•••••Actually Pags knows if he has matched or not, so it is a "yes or no" question. I think it is more like asking a couple that is dating IF they are getting married. Sorry to be nitpicking, but I am at work and bored!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by droliver:
•I for one will fess up to a morbid curiosity about Pags dilemma - a DO trying to match in a competative allopathic specialty•••••Do not worry-- I know of a few people that matched in Radiology and they are graduating as DO's.

While I am sympathetic to those who have burdensome curiosity, you must all know when to leave well alone. The match is an incredibly personal experience, and questioning a member about this is extremely inappropriate. It is also inappropriate to ask fellow students where they ranked programs. All too often I was asked 'what is your first choice'? My answer was always, 'it aint none of your business'. Please respect the sensitivities of your peers and know when to leave things be. If you must know how fellow DO's matched, you will have ample information provided to you in the coming days. Certainly your own school should provide you with a wealth of knowledge.

People, people, people... What an interesting thread about my quest for matching. I am both humbled and bewildered that this simple post has gotten so much attention. :rolleyes: Nonetheless, I feel that this post has gone on long enough.

Yes, I matched in radiology at Hartford Hospital, a fairly large community program with outstanding equipment and perks. It was #3 on my list. To be honest, I am somewhat surprised of my good fortune.

Thank you for your concern. I hope everyone got what they wanted. :)

Let me congratulate you -- IT IS A REALLY HARD RESIDENCY TO GET. Good for you.

Congrats pags, glad you were able to get a spot this year. I also got my number 3 choice (lucky 3) so only have to live through a year of a transitional program and my life will be golden. Good job, was actually hoping you'd end up where I did, but hey, pretty much any radiology program is great.

PAGS,

As a fellow DO student, CONGRATS!! I am interested in Ortho and would really like to go to an Allopahtic program. I am about to enter my fourth year. What advice can you give? I plan on rotating at one or two of these places early in fourth year.

KP from Rhode Island, are you out there??