Paid Clinical experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry i asked this in another thread but not many looks at it so i decided to make a new thread..

anyway, in AMCAS they have option for Community service/volunteer - clinical/medical, but not Paid employment thats clinical or medical. They also dont have a separate medical/clinical choice!!

So what should I put? If i put medical/clinical won't I be lying since it's not a volunteer?

I want to get this right cause it's my only long clinical experience in college.. if I put it down as Paid employment, would they mark it as I have 0 clinical?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Put paid employment if you were paid. You can clarify the nature of the work in the description.

Employment Non-Military (unless of course you were in the military)

The title and description should be enough for anyone to realize it was a clinical experience.

In the AMCAS statistics it wouldn't be reported as "clinical/volunteer". Which is why when you look at school to school in MSAR, even though everyone here freaks out over "clinical/volunteer" experience, only 60-70% accepted students self-report "clinical/volunteer" at most schools. Of couse some schools are much higher.

Members don't see this ad :)