Paid for research?

Started by tedrik
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tedrik

mifune
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the UCLA secondary it asks you to list your research experience and tell them whether you were paid or if it was voluntary. I was getting paid over the last two years by an NIMH research fellowship and I also did a summer project at UCLA where I was paid through the summer research program.

I know it is obvious that yes, I was getting paid, but my impression is that if you list something as a paid position, that it is a job that the lab has given you. However, the fellowships were giving me a stipend so that I did not have to work outside of just doing research.

Would it be lying to say that these were unpaid positions, then to list the fellowships elsewhere?

Thanks!
 
it's a paid position (source of funding nonwithstanding). moreover, it's an insignificant technicality.