Paid salary during ARIP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rock1234

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know? Do you get paid your regular salary + a stipend during ARIP? At all places?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You mean, AIRP?

yeah dude. I would imagine so...i've heard randomly of some programs not giving you a stipend, but I imagine those are places you'd need to stay away from.

Don't think it's legal for them not to pay you during that time.

Reactions: 1 user
Every program will pay you your salary. Some programs give you an additional stipend, probably the majority.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, beware of programs that don't send their residents to AIRP at all.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:

Can you pay your own way if you wanted to go, or is it that AIRP isnt a rotation in their program?

I can see programs not being able to afford the trips (or preferring to spend funds elsewhere), but categorically removing an elective rotation would be unusual.

Probably a good rule of thumb, but the folks at Duke seem to do okay on boards without going :p

Well, that was aimed at the lower/mid-tier programs that don't send their residents to AIRP. But Duke is obviously an exception considering many programs send their residents to the Duke review program for boards. From what I understand, residents do benefit from AIRP beyond just the board prep aspect though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If nothing else, it's a much needed month to decompress a little, catch up on reading and sleep from what I hear.

All my seniors have come back refreshed afterwards.