Paid salary during ARIP?

Started by rock1234
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rock1234

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know? Do you get paid your regular salary + a stipend during ARIP? At all places?
Thanks
 
You mean, AIRP?

yeah dude. I would imagine so...i've heard randomly of some programs not giving you a stipend, but I imagine those are places you'd need to stay away from.

Don't think it's legal for them not to pay you during that time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably a good rule of thumb, but the folks at Duke seem to do okay on boards without going 😛

Well, that was aimed at the lower/mid-tier programs that don't send their residents to AIRP. But Duke is obviously an exception considering many programs send their residents to the Duke review program for boards. From what I understand, residents do benefit from AIRP beyond just the board prep aspect though.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
If nothing else, it's a much needed month to decompress a little, catch up on reading and sleep from what I hear.

All my seniors have come back refreshed afterwards.