Pain Board this weekend

Started by PGY2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PGY2

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Taking the ABA pain boards this weekend.... any suggestions on high yield topics??

How much do you have to study for this? I havent really put in much time.

Thanks!
 
I hope you have been reading during fellowship...because I heard it's a hard test.
from what I know, read about:
wind up theory, gate theory, opioid receptors, NMDA, urine drug screen,
sympathetic/autonomic innervations/blocks and their side effects/complications,
opioid receptors, brachial plexus innervations, brush up on your drugs and their side effects, definitions of disability, somatoform disorders, malingering, chemicals/neuroendocrine mediators

If I were you, I will do the Raj's questions and look up stuff that you don't know. Sorry for not being more possitive about it....because I really hate it when people tell me, "oh, don't worry about it, you are smart, you'll pass..." Study hard and good luck.