Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys quick question,
I strongly suspect someone is selling oxy's but I have a question and maybe you guys can shed some light.
A month ago I denied a person from filling oxycodone because he was getting oxy/apap from another doctor and going to different pharmacies. I knew this because of GA's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
Then he came back a month later and I denied him again and he got mad and came back to the pharmacy counter asking why. And I told him he got multiple pain meds filled with other doctors.
And I talked to my technician about this but here is what I find very unusual. She told me that he is always near the pharmacy drop off counter accompanying someone else as they are trying to get their prescription filled for Oxy's, and any other controlled substance. This fact really bothered me. Why is he accompanying other people as they are trying to get their C-II medication filled? Who is he to do that?
Then today, a woman came to get her C-II filled and I denied her and 10 minutes later, this same guy shows up. He was more upset that we denied her than the actual patient.
Can someone explain what role this guy is playing?
Should I contact the DEA or first talk to my company before doing so?
I strongly suspect someone is selling oxy's but I have a question and maybe you guys can shed some light.
A month ago I denied a person from filling oxycodone because he was getting oxy/apap from another doctor and going to different pharmacies. I knew this because of GA's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
Then he came back a month later and I denied him again and he got mad and came back to the pharmacy counter asking why. And I told him he got multiple pain meds filled with other doctors.
And I talked to my technician about this but here is what I find very unusual. She told me that he is always near the pharmacy drop off counter accompanying someone else as they are trying to get their prescription filled for Oxy's, and any other controlled substance. This fact really bothered me. Why is he accompanying other people as they are trying to get their C-II medication filled? Who is he to do that?
Then today, a woman came to get her C-II filled and I denied her and 10 minutes later, this same guy shows up. He was more upset that we denied her than the actual patient.
Can someone explain what role this guy is playing?
Should I contact the DEA or first talk to my company before doing so?
(Under the current name or otherwise) If that is the case you can bet there are more like him. You just have to adjust the slate to "your practice" standard. 