Pain Medicine Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
See attached for unfilled programs and spots. Source: Pain match discord channel, someone went through the unfilled programs per ERAS data

IMG_2497.jpg

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm is pain less desirable nowadays?

Hopkins matching only 2 of 5 slots is the most surprising

Reactions: 1 users
It isn't surprising to me at all.

We almost hired a recent grad and this individual didn't seem ready to me.

Hmmm is pain less desirable nowadays?
Probably the amazing Anesthesia job market has a lot of to do this many unfilled spots, per the data atleast about 100 applicants were lost between April and rank submissions so that has to be Anesthesia residents dropping out and taking a job offer. As a PM&R applicant, this is great news for us because getting a Pain fellowship is a huge bump in pay, etc for us so anything to make it less competitive is great.

Wow. I mean they aren’t BWH, but they must have really fallen off in the past decade.
the other Harvard (BID) I hear is also a dumpster fire now. Second hand account from colleagues who interviewed there.

Members don't see this ad :)
What happened to them? They were also a very solid program a dozen years ago.
Lots of faculty left, theyre in a city with a catchment area that also includes two Harvard hospitals, Lahey health merger also not ideal for them (conjecture maybe). And I hear not enough interventional opportunities and greater acute pain burden than the other two locations.

i find it to be about the same as where i am right now in NY.

a lot less snow tho..

cold doesnt bother me as much as oppressive heat.

Im of the opposite nature. I'm okay with warmer climates, not so brutal winters and the homeless in NYC.

I ranked MGH at the bottom of my list when I was interviewing
My attending mentor in residency told me to skip MGH unless I wanted to write scripts all day. Albeit this was 2007 when he said it

Wow Baystate went 0/3? I’ve been seeing job ads for program director so maybe that’s part of it

Lots of faculty left, theyre in a city with a catchment area that also includes two Harvard hospitals, Lahey health merger also not ideal for them (conjecture maybe). And I hear not enough interventional opportunities and greater acute pain burden than the other two locations.

Im of the opposite nature. I'm okay with warmer climates, not so brutal winters and the homeless in NYC.

it is a well known fact that warm weather cities do not have a problem with the homeless population....
:rolleyes:

it is a well known fact that warm weather cities do not have a problem with the homeless population.... :rolleyes:
apparently they just ship them off to the colder climates at the tax payers expense.

Reactions: 1 user
What happened to them? They were also a very solid program a dozen years ago.

I interviewed at BIDMC this cycle. They had multiple redflags which led me to not ranking them at all.

They have 4 faculty members left and their procedure numbers are in the gutter. I have done more SCS/PNS/ITP/MILD as an early CA-3 than their graduating fellows..

My coresident interview there and did not like it. Apparently they have a high scutwork burden with fellows typically staying until 6-7pm working on portal messages and prior auths.