Painful Waiting Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockstudy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of us who have been going through the painful process of waiting to hear something from schools, we should be getting closer to some relief. Many programs seem to notify of acceptances, interviews, waitlists and the dreaded "rejection" in January - February. While none of us want to get a rejection, in my opinion it's better to know than to wait and wonder day after day. A new year is about to begin. Best of Luck to all of the DPT applicants in 2013.

Members don't see this ad.

There are no atheists in foxholes, final exams, and among those who are waiting on college acceptances. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone ever find themself so weary in offering up the same prayer request over and over to the Lord that is comes out as; " Dear Lord.... (Sigh) PT SCHOOL!... Amen"

All I can say is that because of the PT school application (and reapplication) process I have learned that sometimes God puts you in a season of preservation while He is working in a season of preparation for your good and His ultimate glory.

Peace and God bless

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I would rather forget about a capricious deity and just focus on my own mind. I don't like worrying. Focus on something you can control right now. Start working on a backup plan in case PT school doesn't work out. This is a way of not only planning for the future, but of facing your fears. I'm trying to cultivate fearlessness in myself. This experience, whether I get into PT school or not, has something valuable to teach me. All of this uncertainty is showing me how to face "failure", or at least the possibility of it. This so-called "failure" can't be worse than constant worrying about not being accepted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone ever find themself so weary in offering up the same prayer request over and over to the Lord that is comes out as; " Dear Lord.... (Sigh) PT SCHOOL!... Amen"

All I can say is that because of the PT school application (and reapplication) process I have learned that sometimes God puts you in a season of preservation while He is working in a season of preparation for your good and His ultimate glory.

Peace and God bless
Lol every morning and everynight. But that's so true.

God has three answers to any prayer: yes, no, or not now.

There are two seasons in life: preparation and application. Soon enough, you all will be in the season of application.

Reactions: 3 users