Paint ball gun

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skylite

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody knows a good name brand for pain ball gun. I have check it out. But so expensive---about $500-1000

Members don't see this ad.

brass eagle--- All there guns suck majorly, except the rainmaker. IT IS THE BEST GUN EVER!!!!! I played against a few angels with it and it held up fair. Considering the angel is a grand and the rainmaker was around 300!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree...Brass Eagle is very poor quality (I don't know about the rainmaker though). Most people start out with either a gun made by Tippmann or Kingman (Spyder). The Tippmann Model 98 is an extremelly popular gun among the "weekend warriors" and is very durable, good accuracy (but get an aftermarket barrel), and easy to use. I have one and haven't had any problems with it! Spyder is very popular too and falls in the same "class" as Tippmann. Spyder's look cooler but tend to break/have problems easier too which can ruin your day. That said, Spyder has some really sweet fully auto options for under $200.

I would definitely buy online b/c you can get it much cheaper than in a store. www.paintballonline www.888paintball www.countypaintball
There are lots of good paintball websites. www.warpig (not retail, but good info).

Also, get a good 'thermal lens' mask (JT brand is good) b/c no matter how good a gun you have, "you can't hit what you can't see!"

Good luck and have fun!

Oh yeah, another good option is to buy used on ebay. You can get some killer deals!!

A great cheap upgrade is a venturi bolt. the bolt on most stock guns look like a doughnut, but the venturi have around 11 holes in them to disperse the air all the way around the ball instead of just one point> meaning less ball breakage!

Why is this thread doing here? :confused:

Get it out of here!! :thumbdown: :smuggrin:

Some dental students have lives!!!!!!