Pakistani Med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mmk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on applying to King Edward Medical College in 2006.

If anyone has any advice on how to get my F.sc equivalency from IBCC in Islamabad (their website is vague and confusing), or has any experiences they like to share, please post here. Appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Mmk said:
I'm planning on applying to King Edward Medical College in 2006.

If anyone has any advice on how to get my F.sc equivalency from IBCC in Islamabad (their website is vague and confusing), or has any experiences they like to share, please post here. Appreciate it.

I was about to apply there, but then I said- na. Why do you want to go there in the first place? I believe that you can use college credit or AP credit to meet the requirements for FC.C.

Then you have to take the merit test and they place you. Just try to get in touch with people in Islamabad or the principal of KE. The other option you have is to go there on a self-finance basis ($10,000 a year) and you can ask them about that too.

I suggest that you visit the KE site and learn more. I've actually been the KE several times and have some friends studying there. They say it's the best state med school in Pakistan and as long as you do good and score high marks on the USMLE you're good to go. But why not just apply to a med school in America?

Anyways, good luck and let me know if want help with something else.

Hi you guys!!

Mmk, yes i know a friend of mine who is right now in her second year of medicine @ KE and she loves it there. For equivalency, all you gotta do is to send ur grade 12 transcript, along with the diploma (grade 12) as a proof of the graduating year. and also if u have ne, then your domicile to the IBC in islamabad. As for contacting them, i dont see any point in doing so, unless u want to confirm that your applicaiton is complete... and i guess thats about it... they have a weird formula for calculating but never the less, you gotta sit in one of those Entry tests, and then you are good to go.

Now i have a question for u guys, how about applying to DOW medical college after doing ur BSc H here in canada. I mean i obviously would apply to American and Canadian schools, but how about as a back up to karachi? is it a bad idea? i m just wondering about it.. any suggestions would be appreciated..
thanks
prouddesi!!!