Palm Beach Atlantic Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vandykitten

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I just found out today that I have been invited to interview at Palm Beach Atlantic on November 12th!! They have called, but I have yet to receive an e-mail. I need to buy a ticket ASAP!

I was wondering if any of you have applied/interviewed/attend PBA and if so, what was your impression?

I'm really excited and have read up extensively on the school!!! (including the interview section of this site...only one feedback post so far) My only concerns are the candidate accreditation status, the price of the plane ticket, and the fact that I am an out of state applicant. I'm looking forward to the interview and I will defeinitely post about it afterwards! :)

Members don't see this ad.

It shouldn't matter that you are out of state, since PBA is a private school. I applied there, but withdrew my appication when I was accepted to UF. So, I never went to visit the campus. Congrats on the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Vandykitten said:
Hi Guys!

I just found out today that I have been invited to interview at Palm Beach Atlantic on November 12th!! They have called, but I have yet to receive an e-mail. I need to buy a ticket ASAP!

I was wondering if any of you have applied/interviewed/attend PBA and if so, what was your impression?

I'm really excited and have read up extensively on the school!!! (including the interview section of this site...only one feedback post so far) My only concerns are the candidate accreditation status, the price of the plane ticket, and the fact that I am an out of state applicant. I'm looking forward to the interview and I will defeinitely post about it afterwards! :)

woo hoo congrats!!

ok now my experience at PBA was fantastic (went for a meeting) the campus was beautiful!!
now that being said
that was pre hurricaine
i hope its still as pretty!!!

PBA was my first interview...

I must say, I wish every interview will be this friendly/positive!!! :)

I've got a Campbell University interview coming up next!!! :eek: I've heard mixed reviews but hopefully it'll be as comfortable!

Hi Vandykitten,

I am planning to apply for PBA for pre-pharmacy.

Would you please give me some advice about the essay that we need to write explaining "Our present and future goals and how Palm Beach Atlantic fits in as a Christian university. "

Can you please give some idea about it?

Thanks,
Jim

Vandykitten said:
PBA was my first interview...

I must say, I wish every interview will be this friendly/positive!!! :)

I've got a Campbell University interview coming up next!!! :eek: I've heard mixed reviews but hopefully it'll be as comfortable!

Jim Smith said:
Hi Vandykitten,

I am planning to apply for PBA for pre-pharmacy.

Would you please give me some advice about the essay that we need to write explaining "Our present and future goals and how Palm Beach Atlantic fits in as a Christian university. "

Can you please give some idea about it?

Thanks,
Jim

Hmmm...That's strange! I don't recall there being an essay with the supplemental application! Well...it depends on whether you are Christian or not. Although Christianity is not a pre-req for applying, you still need to take into account that it is a paricularly relgious school that requires mandatory chapels and bible studies. If you are Christian, however, I would definitely stress that presently, you believe PBA would offer you an environemnent in which you would be surrounded by people who hold similar values and ethics. As far as future, just think about how Christianity fits into your future goals as a pharmacist!

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions, feel free to pm me!

the essay is only for undergraduate admission, not pharmacy school admission.

Eeep! I just received a voice message from Janell from the PBA office requesting that I call back...however, it's too late now, and everybody has gone home. >_< I have a feeling it is something administrative (like I need to turn something in) but I wonder why I got an interview if they hadn't already received all my materials? I actually met one girl at the interview who said she was surprised that she got the interview because she still had letters of recommendation to turn in!!! I hope they have everything they need!

I'm so worried! I guess there is nothing I can do but wait until tomorrow to call her back! :scared:

Vandykitten said:
Eeep! I just received a voice message from Janell from the PBA office requesting that I call back...however, it's too late now, and everybody has gone home. >_< I have a feeling it is something administrative (like I need to turn something in) but I wonder why I got an interview if they hadn't already received all my materials? I actually met one girl at the interview who said she was surprised that she got the interview because she still had letters of recommendation to turn in!!! I hope they have everything they need!

I'm so worried! I guess there is nothing I can do but wait until tomorrow to call her back! :scared:

:eek: AAAAAHHHHHH I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Vandykitten said:

Congrats on your acceptance! :clap: :thumbup:

Vandykitten said:
Congrats.... just a question.. i know you applied to a ton of places...
where do you really want to go?

bbmuffin said:
Congrats.... just a question.. i know you applied to a ton of places...
where do you really want to go?

BBmufin -- Thanks for all your input on the other schools I applied to! My top top choice is actually UCSF but I'm not sure when to even excpect to hear from them! My seond choice was PBA which is really great since I didn't expect to hear back from them so soon!!! (I am a little concerned though, knowing that it is a new school!!!) I know I asked you about Mercer and McWhorter as well--they are REALLY good schools but I'm not sure if the South is for me.

Thanks again for all your input though! I really appreciate it!

Congrats!

PBA isn't that new. I think their 1st class will be graduating this year. They should be fully accredited shortly thereafter. South Florida isn't much like the real south, so I wouldn't worry about not liking the south.

Congrats on your acceptance!! Does anybody have any information on non-Christian applicants at palm beach? Thanks

congrats, :thumbup: What's your GPA when you applied, and what percentile did you get on your PCAT?

Thanks

Vandykitten said:
BBmufin -- Thanks for all your input on the other schools I applied to! My top top choice is actually UCSF but I'm not sure when to even excpect to hear from them! My seond choice was PBA which is really great since I didn't expect to hear back from them so soon!!! (I am a little concerned though, knowing that it is a new school!!!) I know I asked you about Mercer and McWhorter as well--they are REALLY good schools but I'm not sure if the South is for me.

Thanks again for all your input though! I really appreciate it!
lol i don't really care where you go as long as you are where you want to be....

I realize that most people that live here don't consider FL the south at all but alas it still is..
lol

anyway good luck with UCSF

i just remember you saying you applied to like 10 schools and was wondering where you really wanted to be!

2005pharmD said:
congrats, :thumbup: What's your GPA when you applied, and what percentile did you get on your PCAT?

Thanks

Haha...well, this should be a confidence booster for everyone! My GPA isn't really super high or anything! I have a 3.4 GPA and am was in the 88th percentile for the PCAT. :rolleyes: Not stellar, but I guess my interview was very strong. My advice to anybody who interviews: BE YOURSELF and ask lots of questions! (Also, I'm an out-of-state--I go to school at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN)

Good luck to all who are applying/interviewing!!! :luck: