Quantcast

Palm Beach Atlantic

USF TCOP - Virtual Information Sessions
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vandykitten

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here applying to or currently attending PBA? If so, could you tell me a little about the school and the program?

Thanks!!! I really would like to go there if given the opportunity! (*crosses fingers...only need to turn in my recs to that school and then wait for interviews!!!)

s13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying there. I heard that they're a religious school (not quite sure what that means) and on the app they ask what our religious preference is. I don't know if that affects their decision.

Vandykitten

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
s13 said:
I'm applying there. I heard that they're a religious school (not quite sure what that means) and on the app they ask what our religious preference is. I don't know if that affects their decision.

I have a feeling that it could contribute to their decision, but if you view the stats on the PBA page, they say they have students of many different religions!

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that there is mandatory chapel every week. I heard from students there that they have bible study every week, too.

cognito

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
PBA downplays the religious aspects of the school. You'll be greatly surprised how much religion and various rules are part of the everyday life there. I interviewed, and was accepted, but chose not to go since I felt that it was very restrictive and pharmacy school is difficult enough without the extra complications.

ultracet

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
we are a religious school as well....
there is a weekly convo (that we get out of b/c we are no longer required to have the credits)

i believe they are baptist (as are we) which means no drinking, no partying, etc on campus.. when you design t-shirts you can't say anything bad or offensive...

our teachers ask us to consider our beilefs when making decisions in a pharmacy. they often throw ethical/moral/religious questions out there (rhetorical)

we have groups with Bible studies however they are by no means mandatory.