Technology Palm Tungsten C vs T5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr. deez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with this one? I am looking for something in that price range. What is the best deal?

I heard that the 256? memory on T5 is all a gimmick as almost half of this is to run the flash program. What i do not like about the Tc is the bulky key board beneath the display. Any suggestions? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking into getting a Tungsten C - best deal I found is $334. I like the keyboard on it, seems more handy than bulky to me :D

I'm using a Tungsten T3 right now. While its great for school work, its not really all that "fun". I've currently got Skyscape with Eponyms and PhysExam on it. I'm considering switching to PPC platform. Is it general knowledge that Palm OS is just better in the medical field?

Members don't see this ad :)
Doctor2007 said:
I am looking into getting a Tungsten C - best deal I found is $334. I like the keyboard on it, seems more handy than bulky to me :D

I've had my Tungsten C for about 2 weeks now, and so far, I love it. Yes, it is bulkier and heavier than the T5 but the little keyboard is fantastic for someone who has small fingers and prefers typing over Graffiti. The screen is also smaller than the T5 screen, but the colors are bright, clear, crisp. Tungsten C comes with built-in wifi and has a really decent battery life. To check for the best price, run a search through www.mysimon.com and you will get a list of various vendors. Usually www.beachcamera.com and www.buydig.com have the best prices. I got mine through buydig.com for about $316 (the price fluctuates); they ship via FedEx and orders are processed very quickly. If you don't care about getting a warranty, you can check www.overstock.com for open box or blemished models (they had some available last fall, but there's been limited availability since Christmas).

If you're not bound by a cell phone contract, I'd consider also the Treo 650. It can be found in the same price range with a 2 year contract with either Sprint or Cingular.

I got a Tungsten C from Overstock (openbox). It was in mint condition, except that the software installation CD was very badly cracked. I bet this is why it was returned. Great deal for me, since all the software on the CD was an easy download away. And Overstock does have an additional warranty you can buy (which I did). No idea how good it is.

I love the Tungsten C. I had another Palm before, and really wanted the keyboard. I find it much easier to type in the first few letters of a drug/disease/whatever into the programs I use (Epocrates, 5mCC, Lexi, etc) than to try to Grafiti it in. And having wireless is great. Email from a coffee shop or anywhere on campus is great. I bought Snappermail (.com), since it's the only program I could find that would do SSL and IMAP (which I use).

I just got my Tugsten C - $225 at BuyDig.com! I love it! If anyone wants to ask about it, pm me!

Doctor2007 said:
I just got my Tugsten C - $225 at BuyDig.com! I love it! If anyone wants to ask about it, pm me!

check your PM