PalmOne and ODs

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SeminoleSteve

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my professors at PCO insists that we should all have PDAs for clinic. Well, I broke down and bought one the other day. I downloaded ePocrates (which is really cool) and some other software. I will probably buy the Wills Eye Manual for it too. Just wondering how many ODs really use these? I also noticed some third-years referring to a book for certain conditions with photographs of PVDs and such...is there software around that has these photos in it as well? Thanks in advance for your input!
 
SeminoleSteve said:
"...also noticed some third-years referring to a book for certain conditions with photographs of PVDs and such...is there software around that has these photos in it as well? Thanks in advance for your input!

I use a Pocket PC and had downloaded ePocrates as well as MerckMedicus. Also, if you have a image viewer other than IE, you can show some low resolution photos.

Basically, I use mine for the Hospital Formulary. I also write down Spanish vocabulary which my paitents tell me.

Hope you enjoy your PDA
 
cpw said:
I don't own a PDA ....but if you want a good reference site with eye photos I LOVE redatlas.com. VERY COOL PHOTOS

in practice you typically will not have time to use it too much with patients. i do use epocrates while reviewing meds.