Palo Alto University Thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student4562

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give my opinion on Palo Alto University:

I was not impressed. Their application process was awful, they lost one of my transcripts. Their website was ridiculous and un-usable. When I apply to a professional school, I assume a certain level of professionalism. It was totally not apparent. I expect everything to be slick, easy, and efficient. I'm sorry, but you need to convince me to pay 50K/year in tuition. In all of the emails I received from their admissions department, there were ALWAYS major typos, because somebody copy/pasted text, but didn't actually spend the time to re-read anything. Everything seemed completely disorganized. They actually think that having a pretty campus is a good reason to goto their school. But they tend to leave out, that you're only going to spend 1 of 5 years there. They tend to leave out that you probably won't be seen in the best light with their name on your CV. They tend to leave out that they are as expensive as huge school with a great reputation.

The woman in charge of admissions has 6 inch finger nails. How does someone type / function with ridiculous nails? Its called a professional school, SHOULDN'T IT BE PROFESSIONAL??

Obviously you will make your own decision... good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience - applying to grad school is hard enough without complications. May I ask what degree you were applying to there?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
No I just thought about applying and I'm familiar with the PGSP-Stanford consortium that holds classes there (and gives you a degree from PAU) so I was curious to hear if that was the degree you applied to since you mentioned "professional"?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think very little of Palo Alto U but think very highly of the person they just hired as university President, so we'll see what happens in the next few years.

No

Reactions: 1 user