Pamida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsinccom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have experience with this company? If so, what tell what you can.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

anyone have experience with this company? If so, what tell what you can.

thanks

I've shopped there, but never seen one with a pharmacy. Reminds me of Kmart in terms of clientele, but the cities where I've been to them didn't have any other big box competition (WM or Target). The only place I've seen them is MT and WY though.

I've shopped there, but never seen one with a pharmacy. Reminds me of Kmart in terms of clientele, but the cities where I've been to them didn't have any other big box competition (WM or Target). The only place I've seen them is MT and WY though.

Farmercyst,

thanks for your response. Yeah I noticed they were only in small towns. Please do tell, what is "Kmart clientele"? I go to Kmart and Shopko occasionally (two stores whose marketing seems stuck in the 80s) but it is usually just to avoid Walmart clientele and because we don't have a Target nearby. PM if that works better.

thanks,

G

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Farmercyst,

thanks for your response. Yeah I noticed they were only in small towns. Please do tell, what is "Kmart clientele"? I go to Kmart and Shopko occasionally (two stores whose marketing seems stuck in the 80s) but it is usually just to avoid Walmart clientele and because we don't have a Target nearby. PM if that works better.

thanks,

G

I was talking more of store layout than clientele. Pamida generally has little/no competition in the areas they are in for the customers they are after, so clientele is pretty much anyone not wanting to drive to the nearest town with a Wal-mart. (Most people in a small town on most days)
I guess given Kmart and Walmarts renovations of the past decade (wider aisles, more airy feel) the stores seemed to more narrow aisles and clogged with merchandise, which is how I remember KMart being when I grew up. Now, they may be different today, but last time I was in a Pamida was in 99, so that's the only reference I have.

So I saw since Pamida's are in small towns that they are usually only open like 45-60 hours a week yet I also saw on their website that they are hiring managers galore. How many pharmacists can a store that small and open that few hours realistically have on staff? Wouldn't the Pharmacist Manager also be the Staff Pharmacist? Or could they employ two full-time pharmacists?