Panem et Circenses - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melchizedek

Magnificent Mocha Mel - Trilt
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Games
7072_big.jpg

Back by popular demand, we have reinstated the gladiatorial games of old, to slake the bloodthirst of the SDN WW community (Seriously, some of you should seek help). We have quite the show set for the next few days, so if you're spectating, sit back, relax, grab some bread, and enjoy.

If you're fighting, repeat after me:
"uri vinciri verberari ferroque necari"
Now lets have some fun :shifty:
Rules:
  • No communication with others outside of the thread/mod rules.
  • Screenshots are not allowed
  • No quoting mod PM’s. Summarize, lie, put words in our mouths, etc. Just no quotes.
  • No edits.
  • Dead must post in **** but please avoid posting during day cycles if possible.
  • Contingencies are much appreciated.
  • Bold or ### your lynch votes
Lynch close: 2200 EDT
Night close: 1000 EDT (Unless all night actions are in, mod may consider early close)

Mods: @Melchizedek

Unless told otherwise, you are a villager.
Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Barkley13
3. @mypetmoose
4. @dolphin106258
5. @ziggyandjazzy
6. @emlady09
7. @WildZoo
8. @Dinashadow
9. @Ms Procrastinator
10. @johnnaboo
11. @Doggo Labs
12. @muttmanager
13. @SARdoghandler
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @genny
17. @Stagg737
18. @StayingPositive2017
19. @PippyPony
20. @Navilly

Mel's hopes and dreams, but what else is new?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Day 1 First Blood Official Lynch Tally
Cubs (1) - Paws
Genny (1) - AM

2/20 Voting
Lynch closes in ~12 hrs

giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
###lynch dina### you know what they say...fool me once

#######lynch stayingpositive#####

Posting a lot without any real significance behind their posts, feels like they are fluffing their post count on here to make it seem like they are an active contributor without actively contributing

Posting a lot without any real significance behind their posts, feels like they are fluffing their post count on here to make it seem like they are an active contributor without actively contributing

Does it effect anything that the game only started an hour ago?

Reactions: 2 users
You going to ask everyone else why or just me? Concerned about yourself?

I can make a guess as to why Paws' is voting cubs and Bark and mpm are voting Dina. I'm asking you a simple question.

Does it effect anything that the game only started an hour ago?

Not especially, it’s a wolfy strategy to seem like you are contributing without actually doing so, and trying to be funny/likable in order to deter votes. They have checked both of those boxes.

Welcome to the game!

How is it a waste?

Whether someone was a wolf, a villager, other, screwed you over, called you out, etc. last game has no bearing on the current game. It’s a way to be lazy with your vote, making it a waste. Look what people are posting or how they are lack of posting, throw pressure their way, see how they react, pivot if necessary

I sense a disturbance in the force...

What?

Whether someone was a wolf, a villager, other, screwed you over, called you out, etc. last game has no bearing on the current game. It’s a way to be lazy with your vote, making it a waste. Look what people are posting or how they are lack of posting, throw pressure their way, see how they react, pivot if necessary

I agree with you if we're talking about late D1 votes being with silly reasoning, but how are the first few votes supposed to be based on how people are posting?

Reactions: 1 users
It’d be more concerning to me if people stayed on their joke votes all day if there are better lynch candidates that come up later

What?

I agree with you if we're talking about late D1 votes being with silly reasoning, but how are the first few votes supposed to be based on how people are posting?

Early day one votes should be to get the quiet ones talking in my opinion. Throw votes on people who are not very vocal, get them talking, see if they make a mistake. In my experience, many wolves(obviously not infallible) also tend to jump on the first vote of the game, due to eagerness of being a wolf; another reason for my vote going where it went.

But after a few votes, 10-20 posts, you should be able to obtain some analysis to start making some assessments for your votes.

It’d be more concerning to me if people stayed on their joke votes all day if there are better lynch candidates that come up later

Eh still skeptical about it, it’s quite easy to play the “whoops, I was gone for the day” card. But to each their own.

Early day one votes should be to get the quiet ones talking in my opinion. Throw votes on people who are not very vocal, get them talking, see if they make a mistake. In my experience, many wolves(obviously not infallible) also tend to jump on the first vote of the game, due to eagerness of being a wolf; another reason for my vote going where it went.

But after a few votes, 10-20 posts, you should be able to obtain some analysis to start making some assessments for your votes.

Well, Paws is one of the more vocal players, but okay. I still think early votes are NAI and only gain meaning as the day progresses and people respond to them. What do you mean by first vote?

I agree with the first part but, not the second. Day 1 chatting seems to be full of fluff imo (game 11 here so take this as you wish)

Well, Paws is one of the more vocal players, but okay. I still think early votes are NAI and only gain meaning as the day progresses and people respond to them. What do you mean by first vote?

It’s a silly rule I go by, but my experience has it be right statistically more often than random chance. If they are either the first to post or the first to submit a vote in the game, they tend to be more often a wolf than statistics would dictate. Likely due to eagerness to post given the role they got. The other benefit is that quite frequently they are not a villager important role, normally those tend to chill back more to not get noticed. Could it be a very different scenario on this forum? Sure, but a) need to go with what I know and b) people on here are still people, and people will have emotions of getting excited for their role and having slips.

IMG_0041.gif

Let’s not talk about Statistics please

Reactions: 2 users
Are people lynching me because I was the CONVERT last game? Go after Cubs, it was his fault.

I like this noob. Can we keep him/her/axolotl?

(Update: now 5/10)
Some people also use them as a pronoun

Take your sumatriptan!

Alright peeps, time to fly to tennesse. Vacation in the Smokies! See you in a bit.
Hey I used to take this before they found out I was farsighted and that's why I always have headaches :p

## lynch Stagg ## cuz RNG
Hmmm
Are people lynching me because I was the CONVERT last game? Go after Cubs, it was his fault.
Sketchy

I'm actually voting Cubs because I have been 100% wrong about his affiliation every game thus far and I think he's an excellent wolf. Early pressure there to see some reads and reactions are important.