MolarDentist

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
So my test is about a month away. up to 3 days ago i felt very comfortable with everything. and today I couldn't answer the simplest questions !!!! I took the 2009 ADA exam timed and I completely blanked. I made tons of silly mistakes and couldn't solve simple math and chem questions. Did this ever happened to any of you? if so what to do. I know I still have plenty of time till my test but i'm seriously thinking about pushing the test another month or so. Any advice is highly appreciated.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
So my test is about a month away. up to 3 days ago i felt very comfortable with everything. and today I couldn't answer the simplest questions !!!! I took the 2009 ADA exam timed and I completely blanked. I made tons of silly mistakes and couldn't solve simple math and chem questions. Did this ever happened to any of you? if so what to do. I know I still have plenty of time till my test but i'm seriously thinking about pushing the test another month or so. Any advice is highly appreciated.
I can offer some advice from years of working with students but only YOU know what will work best for you. Because you stressed and made silly mistakes it might be best to give yourself a complete day off, not study at all and regroup. It is not unusual for students to feel stressed, but good news this didn't occur while you were taking the actual DAT.

You may want to consider taking the test drive offered at the Prometric test center, that can calm nerves and you can work on the actual computer you will use when taking the DAT.

You still have a lot of time left, but should you feel unprepared as the test date nears, it's always best to weigh on the side of caution and reschedule.

Wishing you the best..Nancy

Jun 5, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
How long have you been studying for?
silly mistakes happen, you're still a month out, I am two weeks out and blanked how to multiply fractions yesterday.. it happens, your brain is tired/burnt out, take a day off, relax, and come back strong at it! keep your head up, keep going

Reactions: orgoman22
OP
M

MolarDentist

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
How long have you been studying for?
silly mistakes happen, you're still a month out, I am two weeks out and blanked how to multiply fractions yesterday.. it happens, your brain is tired/burnt out, take a day off, relax, and come back strong at it! keep your head up, keep going
For the last month or so I was putting in like 10 hours a day plus work. I honestly only slept for like 5 or 6 hours everyday.

OP
M

MolarDentist

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I can offer some advice from years of working with students but only YOU know what will work best for you. Because you stressed and made silly mistakes it might be best to give yourself a complete day off, not study at all and regroup. It is not unusual for students to feel stressed, but good news this didn't occur while you were taking the actual DAT.

You may want to consider taking the test drive offered at the Prometric test center, that can calm nerves and you can work on the actual computer you will use when taking the DAT.

You still have a lot of time left, but should you feel unprepared as the test date nears, it's always best to weigh on the side of caution and reschedule.

Wishing you the best..Nancy
Thank you for the advice. I just booked a 5 day vacation to clear my head and regroup again. I just don't want to retake the test. I wanna get it done once and for all.

May 17, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
It happens to the best of us. Take a few days off. If you are not applying for the next cycle just postpone the test until you feel ready.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Thank you for the advice. I just booked a 5 day vacation to clear my head and regroup again. I just don't want to retake the test. I wanna get it done once and for all.
:)Enjoy! I am sure you will come back refreshed and ready to go!