1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Panic Mode

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by jwnichols21, Aug 11, 2011.

1. jwnichols21

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey Guys,

I just took the Kaplan Midterm, about 7 weeks into my studies. I have another 5 weeks until Test Day. I saw improvement in some areas, but not in others. Is the Kaplan Midterm a realistic outlook as to your progression/does it represent the actual DAT well? I'm kinda panicking at this point, so any advice would be great. Thank you.

Kaplan Diagnostic:
    Bio-14
    GChem-13
    Ochem-12
    PAT-14
    QR-20
    RC-19
    AA-16

Kaplan Midterm
    Bio-14 :thumbdown:
    GChem-14 :thumbdown:
    OChem-17
    PAT-18
    QR-16 :( My timing was really poor, didn't get to answer like 1/3 of the section
    RC-20 (I don't study this at all, probably will continue not to.)
    AA-16

So far I've been using Kaplan materials, CDP, and I just started Chad's Vids yesterday. I also plan to complete Destroyer twice and do some Top Score tests before the real thing in 5 weeks.

Am I screwed?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Demps

Dental Student
    5 weeks seems more than enough to do well! keep studying hard!

Chad's and Destroyers for GC and OC should be enough from what I've heard from other people

4. Golfguy

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You're fine. That midterm is hard! Search around this forum and you'll see people who scored high despite low scores on that wretched exam.