1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Panic Mode

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by jwnichols21, Aug 11, 2011.

1. jwnichols21

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey Guys,

I just took the Kaplan Midterm, about 7 weeks into my studies. I have another 5 weeks until Test Day. I saw improvement in some areas, but not in others. Is the Kaplan Midterm a realistic outlook as to your progression/does it represent the actual DAT well? I'm kinda panicking at this point, so any advice would be great. Thank you.

Kaplan Diagnostic:
    Bio-14
    GChem-13
    Ochem-12
    PAT-14
    QR-20
    RC-19
    AA-16

Kaplan Midterm
    Bio-14 :thumbdown:
    GChem-14 :thumbdown:
    OChem-17
    PAT-18
    QR-16 :( My timing was really poor, didn't get to answer like 1/3 of the section
    RC-20 (I don't study this at all, probably will continue not to.)
    AA-16

So far I've been using Kaplan materials, CDP, and I just started Chad's Vids yesterday. I also plan to complete Destroyer twice and do some Top Score tests before the real thing in 5 weeks.

Am I screwed?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Demps

Dental Student
    5 weeks seems more than enough to do well! keep studying hard!

Chad's and Destroyers for GC and OC should be enough from what I've heard from other people

4. Golfguy

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You're fine. That midterm is hard! Search around this forum and you'll see people who scored high despite low scores on that wretched exam.