Panick Attack!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Picklesali

M2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aaaagh!!!

My exam is in 3.5 weeks.

I wanted to go the minimalist method in terms of resources b/c I kept hearing over and over and over again that too many was bad and would lead to imminent failure.

So I've been doing First Aid with UWorld, Goljan path, some BRS phys, and Micro MRS. That's it.

I keep running into people from my class at various coffee shops around town, and a lot of them are using loads more books, and it's messing with my head. This plus the fact that I keep running into a lot of stuff on Uworld that isn't in FA... BLaaaaahhhh!

Members don't see this ad.

Aaaagh!!!

My exam is in 3.5 weeks.

I wanted to go the minimalist method in terms of resources b/c I kept hearing over and over and over again that too many was bad and would lead to imminent failure.

So I've been doing First Aid with UWorld, Goljan path, some BRS phys, and Micro MRS. That's it.

I keep running into people from my class at various coffee shops around town, and a lot of them are using loads more books, and it's messing with my head. This plus the fact that I keep running into a lot of stuff on Uworld that isn't in FA... BLaaaaahhhh!

I took step 1 last week and I only used the resources that you mentioned. I had 6 weeks to study and I worked very hard, and for the most part, I was very well prepared I think. I dont yet have my score, but I felt pretty good about the exam. Using too many books can be a big mistake. FA, Goljan, BRS phys were by far the most high yield for me. It's all about how hard you work, not the books you use. Work hard with those books, ignore people using other books, you'll be fine. Really. UWorld was a great help too, I got through about 80% of it.

has you taken any assessments? Your anxiety is quite understandable - stay strong! If you're doing well on assessments, you have nothing to worry about!

You definitely do not need more resources than the ones you listed.