Panicking that I might end up with a third cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superdesperate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I won’t do a full WAMC but just give the gist: Non trad now, 510 MCAT, 3.3x GPA (3.8 post bacc), thousands in volunteering, clinical, research and volunteering. NY.

I applied REALLY late, with most of my secondaries being submitted towards the end of September. I’d be happy with a MD II but I’m not hoping for it much. My school list is massive with 22 MD schools and 15+ DOs. I’m on hold from GW and got pre II Rs from LECOM Erie and NSU COM. I’m PANICKING you guys. I just DONT have the money for a third cycle and I’m so so scared of being a third time applicant. This cycle WIPED out my savings and I’m constantly worried about money now. With my post bacc included, I spent almost six months rent on this cycle.

I thought that at least with a higher MCAT, I’d have a shot at DO schools but with those two Rs, I’m panicking. Also confused because people with much lower scores are getting in…just added to kore DO schools yesterday in panic. Can anyone give me advice, talk me down or anything at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Which DO schools did you apply to ?
LECOM Maine and Bradenton, PCOM, NYITCOM, UNECOM, CUSOM, KCU COM, DMU COM, LMU COM, Rowan, WC COM, NOVA, all Touros, just added Pikeville and DUQCOM (this one’s a Hail Mary).

@Goro @GoSpursGo @wysdoc @Mr.Smile12 do you guys have any thoughts? Should I lump in the schools from giros bad list like ICOM, BCOM and so on?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM Maine and Bradenton, PCOM, NYITCOM, UNECOM, CUSOM, KCU COM, DMU COM, LMU COM, Rowan, WC COM, NOVA, all Touros, just added Pikeville and DUQCOM (this one’s a Hail Mary).

@Goro @GoSpursGo @wysdoc @Mr.Smile12 do you guys have any thoughts? Should I lump in the schools from giros bad list like ICOM, BCOM and so on?
Add more schools this week and I suggest these:
WVSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
AZCOM
Noorda-COM

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just going based off the fact that you said you spent a lot, I would highly recommend considering an alternatives in the medial field or if you like action going into EMS/Fire. If you really want to pursue medicine then the thought of another cycle shouldn't scare you regardless of circumstance. It has taken me 4 cycles to get in, given that money wasn't an issue, I think I got in at the right time for me. There's no rush to getting into medicine if you strongly believe it is your calling, but I strongly believe a well rounded individual would consider taking another year to recoup finances as well as improve yourself personally and professionally.
Again, this is how I'm interpreting how you have presented everything, your life doesn't revolve around medicine so please (if you haven't) look into things that are not medicine so you don't stress.

Reactions: 1 users