1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Pants

Discussion in 'Pre-Hospital [ EMS ]' started by GoldShadow, Dec 2, 2008.

1. GoldShadow

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    EMT pants that is! I'm looking to buy a new pair and was wondering where you guys get/got yours or what you'd recommend. I've found a few decent deals online but was looking for other opinions and suggestions.

2. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. greytmedic

greytmedic Faster than you
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I always was fond of the pants that were provided to me by all the companies I have worked for. After all, if it's free, it's for me!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dexmed6414

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    The new 5.11 EMT pants are very comfortable especially with the built in knee pads. I wear them all the time and they never give me a problem. They come with a lot of pockets(of course anything 5.11 makes has a lot of pockets) and hold up great in all sorts of weather. I recomend them if you are willing to spend the 50 dollars for them.

5. BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Expert Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    agreed. I would just take whatever is provided by your company.

6. docB

docB Chronically painful
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have used the pants from Galls in the past and they were pretty good although the quality seems to have dropped from the ones I used to get from them about 10 years ago. I used to wear them in the ED until I started wearing the Aviator scrub pants.

I agree that free pants are pretty attractive but there are some features I'm willing to pay for. I really like the rubberized band inside the waist band that keeps your shirt tucked in. Since the Aviators don't have it I miss that. I also really like the gusseted crotch. When you bend over it's nice to feel like your pants aren't fighting you and aren't about to give up on you. I also liked the larger belt loops. I liked being able to wear a real belt. If you've ever had to carry a phone and >3 pagers a belt can save you from accidentally exposing yourself to the ED.

7. MedicFL

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I agree esp in an EMS uniform shirt the rubber waist band helps out a lot..