• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Pants

GoldShadow

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
EMT pants that is! I'm looking to buy a new pair and was wondering where you guys get/got yours or what you'd recommend. I've found a few decent deals online but was looking for other opinions and suggestions.

About the Ads

dexmed6414

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2008
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
The new 5.11 EMT pants are very comfortable especially with the built in knee pads. I wear them all the time and they never give me a problem. They come with a lot of pockets(of course anything 5.11 makes has a lot of pockets) and hold up great in all sorts of weather. I recomend them if you are willing to spend the 50 dollars for them.

docB

Chronically painful
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
  1. Attending Physician
I have used the pants from Galls in the past and they were pretty good although the quality seems to have dropped from the ones I used to get from them about 10 years ago. I used to wear them in the ED until I started wearing the Aviator scrub pants.

I agree that free pants are pretty attractive but there are some features I'm willing to pay for. I really like the rubberized band inside the waist band that keeps your shirt tucked in. Since the Aviators don't have it I miss that. I also really like the gusseted crotch. When you bend over it's nice to feel like your pants aren't fighting you and aren't about to give up on you. I also liked the larger belt loops. I liked being able to wear a real belt. If you've ever had to carry a phone and >3 pagers a belt can save you from accidentally exposing yourself to the ED.

MedicFL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2007
  1. Medical Student
I have used the pants from Galls in the past and they were pretty good although the quality seems to have dropped from the ones I used to get from them about 10 years ago. I used to wear them in the ED until I started wearing the Aviator scrub pants.

I agree that free pants are pretty attractive but there are some features I'm willing to pay for. I really like the rubberized band inside the waist band that keeps your shirt tucked in. Since the Aviators don't have it I miss that. I also really like the gusseted crotch. When you bend over it's nice to feel like your pants aren't fighting you and aren't about to give up on you. I also liked the larger belt loops. I liked being able to wear a real belt. If you've ever had to carry a phone and >3 pagers a belt can save you from accidentally exposing yourself to the ED.

I agree esp in an EMS uniform shirt the rubber waist band helps out a lot..

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.