Paper Folding: Half-Cell Folds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flying nimbus855

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What sup guys. A friend of mine is preparing for the DAT and he is using an online generator and came across half-cell folds. I've attached a picture to illustrate what i mean. These are folds that either crease at a half cell vertical/horizontal line or the edge of the fold falls on a half cell line. The red arrows are supposed to show what I'm talking about. Anyway, friend asked me if these will ever be encountered on the real DAT and i initially said no, as i never saw these types of folds but i figured i post on here to get more opinions before he writes and realizes i lied haha. thanks guys.

34ipeeb.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What sup guys. A friend of mine is preparing for the DAT and he is using an online generator and came across half-cell folds. I've attached a picture to illustrate what i mean. These are folds that either crease at a half cell vertical/horizontal line or the edge of the fold falls on a half cell line. The red arrows are supposed to show what I'm talking about. Anyway, friend asked me if these will ever be encountered on the real DAT and i initially said no, as i never saw these types of folds but i figured i post on here to get more opinions before he writes and realizes i lied haha. thanks guys.

34ipeeb.png

I think these did come up. I took mine last year so it could be different but I say just be prepared.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. Anything like that is fair game for the PAT. I personally saw those questions on my test.

Go in with the mindset that they WILL show up and more than likely, they actually will. There were several on mine when I took it back in 2016.

Wasn't this posted in the other forum too? Yes I've been preparing for these folds myself. If I can do these challenging ones, then I should have no problem on the DAT.