Paramedic to Physician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avid_306

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, are there any paramedics who went on to medical school? Just curious to hear your stories and how having a job changed you before entering medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, are there any paramedics who went on to medical school? Just curious to hear your stories and how having a job changed you before entering medical school?
Yeah, dude. If you use the search function you will see that a lot of ppl have wondered this like yourself? BTW there's no need to ask the same question on every forum. :horns:

Thanks, and sorry! Do you know how long they stay as paramedics before moving on. My plan was to be a paramedic for around 2-3 years while I finish my pre-reqs and apply at the ge of 25/26 which is around the average age of a medical student. I was just wondering what is what like for people who waited for 10+ years before the went back to school.

Thanks, and sorry! Do you know how long they stay as paramedics before moving on. My plan was to be a paramedic for around 2-3 years while I finish my pre-reqs and apply at the ge of 25/26 which is around the average age of a medical student. I was just wondering what is what like for people who waited for 10+ years before the went back to school.
Yeah, some people do it for that length of time (2-3) others mostly had been doing it for a while, then decided to pursue medicine. To be honest, it would be a little hard to juggle the long hours of EMS shifts and trying to get good grades for your pre-requisites, specially if you are an in-charge paramedic and you have all this stuff on your plate.