Parents at interview?

Started by probowler
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, OP, I guess you have your answer. To sum up:

Some schools may be prepared for parents, but others will not. It is highly possible that bringing parents will cause others to make rude remarks about you behind your back - you will stand out at your interview in a negative way, like showing up in blue jeans would do. If you want to take the risk, it's up to you, of course - I'd recommend not doing it.
 
Well, OP, I guess you have your answer. To sum up:

Some schools may be prepared for parents, but others will not. It is highly possible that bringing parents will cause others to make rude remarks about you behind your back - you will stand out at your interview in a negative way, like showing up in blue jeans would do. If you want to take the risk, it's up to you, of course - I'd recommend not doing it.

I recommend only doing if they ask you to; ie lipscomb, maybe there are others. I'm glad I brought mine to that one, I would've felt left out because 80% had theirs. A lot of small private colleges love to meet the parents, I don't see what the big deal is here. But other larger colleges don't do it.